Whats the worst deal your local bike shop has ever given you?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Whats the worst deal your local bike shop has ever given you?
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
dubhex wrote:
Yeah, it means your country is so f*cked up you were faced with no choice but to break the massive racial taboo that had been the political norm until now.

Doesn't that make it sound nice? Maybe shut the f*ck up, I'm done with you. I know that I'm better educated than you, I don't really care about what you have to say at this point.

Yes I will agree to stop. And that is exactly what the U.S had to do, you dont realize what Obama's presidency means over here. See a long time ago black people were being whipped like dogs picking cotton, now that same race has a guy who is the president of the U.S. But I guess you didnt know that since you have a CANADIAN EDUCATION, your welcome for spelling it out for you. I am done now and am leaving, so talk shit about me if you want to, now that you know I will not be here to show you up again.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:22 Quote
What the hell....

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:24 Quote
RockyMountainPride wrote:
What the hell....
I don't know what he is talking about man....trying to find a bad deal I got at a shop though....$10 bucks for a tube, but thats not bad for a xxx lite tube from Bontrager.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:27 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
RockyMountainPride wrote:
What the hell....
I don't know what he is talking about man....trying to find a bad deal I got at a shop though....$10 bucks for a tube, but thats not bad for a xxx lite tube from Bontrager.

No not really.

At Attitash you'll fork out 10 bucks for a DH tube. Its rediculous, but hey its a resort.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
I pay $3 for my tubes (Probably lighter than the Bonty XXX-lite too haha), so most bike shop price for tubes seems like a rip-off for me. Hell it used to be $2.25, then they raised their prices.

I'm trying to think of a singular bad deal I've been given, but it mostly boils down to being jerked around on many occasions by Cycle Solutions, where many people I know work. I'm friends with the suspension tech, but he's a different dude at work than at the jumps. Weird.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
coldfusion wrote:
madeinchinamyass wrote:

Yeah its sounds to me like you dont know what your talking about becuase if your friends work there that would have to meen they are the ones stealing the bikes, and that would also have to meen that your freinds would be the ones repairing your bike, which in turn would have to meen that they're not your freinds if they are ripping you off.
Ermm... I never said they steal bikes, I said "I am pretty sure". Like other people said they probably didn't pick them up, but I will ask around. And my friend didn't work there back then. It dosen't take the whole shop to repair one bike, only one tech. And that tech is a goof, always doing stupid things and messing stuff up, from forks to frames.
Sounds to me like that tech and you have a lot in common.
Wow you don't quit do you. Get it through your thick skull already, I got ripped off for not double checking something at the begging, end of story. But you can never shut up about it and have to argue everything single thing I say.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
I wanna hear bad deals, not another topic fight...take it to the PM's.
Thank You

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
This is the WORST DEAL YET!!!

I once spent the retail amount for a 2005 cannondale chase 1 ($2500),...and two days later, I got hired at that shop...where I could have spent only $1100 under the employee purchase program...I was so pissed!...life sucks

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
Man I bet the shop management were chuckling about that as they counted their money. That is pretty funny, must've sucked at the time.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
tatti wrote:
$230 bucks for a tune, deore hub, and rhyno lite hoop Mad

once you tihnk about it a complete tune is like 50 bucks... deore hubs are around there i think too and rhynolite is about 20-30 bucks and then spokes and nipples and build cost i think its not that bad regualr price

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
I once paid $897,234,509,234,101.99 for a tube at a bike shop...is that normal?

On another note,...glad we're back on topic!

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
well...I have 2 rims, 2 hope hubs, 20mm conversion caps, and a thompson elite post and that came to be about 750 dollars in parts

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
dubhex wrote:
Yeah, it means your country is so f*cked up you were faced with no choice but to break the massive racial taboo that had been the political norm until now.

Doesn't that make it sound nice? Maybe shut the f*ck up, I'm done with you. I know that I'm better educated than you, I don't really care about what you have to say at this point.

Yes I will agree to stop. And that is exactly what the U.S had to do, you dont realize what Obama's presidency means over here. See a long time ago black people were being whipped like dogs picking cotton, now that same race has a guy who is the president of the U.S. But I guess you didnt know that since you have a CANADIAN EDUCATION, your welcome for spelling it out for you. I am done now and am leaving, so talk shit about me if you want to, now that you know I will not be here to show you up again.

Sorry to drag this up, but hes half white.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012802
Mobile Version of Website