2017 Meta SX?

PB Forum :: Commencal
2017 Meta SX?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2016 at 20:19 Quote
Anybody have one? Good stories or bad ones? looks like a killer bargain was just wondering if the price was too good to be true. Was considering a reign before I saw this. Don't know much about commencal bikes all I have ever owned has been giants.

Posted: Aug 24, 2016 at 8:22 Quote
I was luck enough to buy one right before they sold out. Although I did have to remove one of the stuck rear brake pistons and re-bleed it twice right out of the box, the avid brakes are now working pretty well. The bike rides like a dream. Granted I'm coming off of a diamondback atroz that I had put a 2016 fox 34 on, but comparatively the lyrik and monarch Plus on the meta sx just absolutely float down some pretty gnarly trails. There was some talk of the reach being very short on these bikes, but I'm not sure that they take into account the stem length. I'm 6"1 and have normal-long arms and legs and the Large frame fits perfectly.
In summary, although I have not ridden other bikes in this category, I have found this bike to be an absolute tank descending effortlessly down legitimate downhill trails, and it rides uphill as well as my old trail bike. It is completely smooth and silent, the drive train range is more than I ever need. I'm 240lbs and have beat on it for about 2 weeks now with no issues. I don't think anything else on the market comes even remotely close to this bike until you get up to the $4000 range.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 9:23 Quote
Thanks for the info! probably going to pull the trigger on one when the come available in 24 days according to the site. or possibly one of the new V4 models. Hopefully I can sell my stance by then.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 10:15 Quote
Might want to pull the trigger now. I was going to order one from the last run when there was ten days left and then it jumped to 42 days before I finally grew a pair and bought it. Now I'm just sitting here waiting another three or four weeks for my bike to come.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 10:23 Quote
Need the money from the stance to pay for the meta or I would

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 21:35 Quote
Not sure how good of a bike mechanic you are. But personally, I'd go for the meta am v4.2 ride (orange). It's 300 more but it comes with the sram guide r brakes. I had db5s on my 26er meta sx. I now have guide brakes (on a capra) and they're definitely worth 300 price difference.

If your good at installing/bleeding brakes then go for the sx. But if not so much, then I think the v4.2 is the better deal.

Posted: Jul 31, 2017 at 8:27 Quote
The 4.2 and the SX have completely different rocker/swingarm configurations. Is the SX as wide in the back as the AM - some people talk about heel clipping the swingarm on AM.

Any advice appreciated, I have been eyeballing these bikes a while and have to get a full susp bike soon.

Thanks.

Posted: Oct 8, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
rpartlan wrote:
Not sure how good of a bike mechanic you are. But personally, I'd go for the meta am v4.2 ride (orange). It's 300 more but it comes with the sram guide r brakes. I had db5s on my 26er meta sx. I now have guide brakes (on a capra) and they're definitely worth 300 price difference.

If your good at installing/bleeding brakes then go for the sx. But if not so much, then I think the v4.2 is the better deal.

I'm highly considering buying a V3 for my next bike and I'm researching the crap out of it, are the stock brakes not good/do they need to be bleed or even replaced almost immediately. I know magura has mad stopping power.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011304
Mobile Version of Website