SB6C setup suggestions

PB Forum :: Yeti
SB6C setup suggestions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 19:52 Quote
Hi, I recently just switched from a 2016 Large Nomad to a Medium SB6c.

Problem that I had was that I felt a lot less confident on steep rocky sections (or steep sections in general) it felt as if I was going to get thrown over the bars and seemed too close to the cockpit. These were sections I could run down easily on the Nomad. My buddies said it could just be a suspension setup issue or I should just get used to riding a medium SB6c more.

Any suggestions or feedback from those with a similar background?

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 10, 2017 at 11:15 Quote
Hey Bud!

I have been riding a 16 Yeti SB6 in Medium as well. I have had the bike for almost a year and I am 5'10"

I am considering getting out of it and going to a Large 5.5, Evil Wreckoning or a SC Nomad as well.

I feel exactly the same way you do. I feel to cramped in the cockpit especially on the steep downhill sketchy stuff and have really realized it even more when I take my bike to Big Bear and hit the bike park and there I feel super cramped and bent over on the bike. When I bought the bike I wasn't doing the really steep stuff at the time and now that my abilities have progressed I feel like the sizing of the bike is a main issue now as well.

All my friends ride Large bikes (various brands) and they seem to feel more confident on the Large in those sections than I do and a few of them have gone from Medium up to a Large and we are all similar sized guys. Not to mention I have gone over the bars multiple times lately and yea that is no fun!

Now I just gotta find a new bike Smile

Good Luck!

Posted: Aug 14, 2017 at 5:41 Quote
Berkin wrote:
Hi, I recently just switched from a 2016 Large Nomad to a Medium SB6c.

Problem that I had was that I felt a lot less confident on steep rocky sections (or steep sections in general) it felt as if I was going to get thrown over the bars and seemed too close to the cockpit. These were sections I could run down easily on the Nomad. My buddies said it could just be a suspension setup issue or I should just get used to riding a medium SB6c more.

Any suggestions or feedback from those with a similar background?

Thanks!

quite possibly an issue with fork setup. if you are running pikes, its worth sticking an extra token in them. I regularly ride steep stuff on a medium sb6 and im 5'11 so right on the crossover to a large. I don't have any issues with feeling like I am going over the bars and the bike behaves impeccably..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008300
Mobile Version of Website