Best Blk Mrkt Riot build?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Best Blk Mrkt Riot build?
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:21 Quote
yeah, if your budget is 1400, and you're asking for the "best build" on a riot, i doubt that you'd be able to afford all the components that people are going to suggest.

1400, after buying the frame, or 1400 total? how much have you spent and gotten so far?

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
all together it will be around $1400. i haven't got any parts yet because i have no money so i'll probably start buying in the early spring

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
all together it will be around $1400. i haven't got any parts yet because i have no money so i'll probably start buying in the early spring

okay, that's considered low budget, so i'd definitely look into getting used/on sale stuff.

i'll start you off with wheels... stypes are great all-round rims, and the same rim as the mtx except with a weaker joint/junction.

get a pre-built wheelset and ask to see if the bike shop will retension it after your first few rides... that should be around 250-320 if you're buying a new prebuilt s-type wheelset.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:27 Quote
okay, but i didn't think that it would be that much for a hardtail, rigid but whatever. more than $1400

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
okay, but i didn't think that it would be that much for a hardtail, rigid but whatever. more than $1400

yeah, bikes cost a lot, unfortunately.

um... i'd suggest profile or deity cranks... work with your local bike shop, i'm sure that with buying everything there, you'll get a good discount.

and sprocket combos... 25t-12t is what all the new-age kids with microdrives are running these days.

oh wait, you don't have the frame yet? why not just get the black market 357 complete? actually, the eastern night train from jensonusa is a much better deal. if you're on a budget, that in my opinion (as well as many others) is the best cheap streetbike on the market.

in your budget range, it's a little low for a custom dirt jumper... you're better off buying a complete and perhaps changing a couple of parts out and selling those extra parts. companies buy in bulk and so they can get stuff for a lot cheaper than if you were to buy them individually... economies of scale.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
i'm not sure. i want a rigid fork so i thought it would be cheaper and i could make one lighter.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
i'm not sure. i want a rigid fork so i thought it would be cheaper and i could make one lighter.
if you want a rigid, my idea world be to buy the 357 or night train as just suggested and then sell the fork that comes on it and buy a rigid fork and then you'll have some cash left over.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
yuea listen to these guys, they know what they are talking about
when your on a pretty low budget, buy a complete bike so you can still ride, and switch out parts as you make money. thats how i got my 250, i was riding on a shred before

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
The nighttrain is really nice, rides well. If you have your heart set on the riot. You'd have to go with bottom line parts, such as bar, stem and cranks, that'll save you some money.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
the night train is amazing but when do the 2008 nighttrains come out?
i like it better.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
but you can get this one for a sick price man...900 bucks and then you can upgrade it and sell some parts

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
ya it is pretty sweet and way better than a p.1 which i wanted but this bike is amazing and like $100 more. Is the 2008 the same or have they even came out yet?

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 15:41 Quote
I like 2007 NIghttrain better Cool

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
alright, listen up.
single brake in the back: bb7 with a speed dial 7 lever or a hayes nine
manitou gold jump fork/rs argyle/rs pike
azonic outlaw wheels
easton bars (ea 50 or 70)
odi lock ons (ruffian)
those are really the essentials
for tires i'd recommend holy rollers
for cranks, you could try fsa gap or raceface ride/evolve dh

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021801
Mobile Version of Website