Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 12:21 Quote
Is there anyone in Scotland (Edinburgh-Aberdeen-fort bill) with an L or XL sender I could get a seat on for size comparison?

Looking to change over from my L YT tues which I find I touch too small, struggling to decide between the two.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 0:24 Quote
IDHI wrote:
Monarch87 wrote:
IDHI wrote:
mine has play in the mx link and I've just got an email back from canyon saying they want me to send the bike back to the UK service center! Frown

Sorry to hear that. Where do you have play exactly?

On the bottom part of the mx link, on the bushing on the frame end and also end it connects to the other part of the mx link

This is from a while back but I thought if any of you are having some play coming from the rear triangle try the 4mm allen key bolts on the chainstay. I had this very quiet knocking that haunted me for a few weeks. I couldn't locate the noise until today. I fastened those bolts up (2x4mm either side) and cleared up the knocking. A silent bike again.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 14:40 Quote
Has anyone been able to remove the 2 bearings from the main pivot?
I have been trying, but I can't get them out in any way!
The problem is that the spacer in between them has a diameter which is the same as the bearing's internal diameter, so I can barely push onto the bearing from the inside.
I have tried to push it out by hammering, but it does not move.
Anyone can help?

Posted: Nov 10, 2017 at 3:04 Quote
Is anyone having problems centring their rear caliper with the 180mm mount.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 3:09 Quote
Do you guys know if one can mount a tappered fork on the sender ?

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 5:46 Quote
nicoSB wrote:

yes you can. http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

i take it you have boxxers? you will either need to change the bottom cup or, it may just have a shim in your current setup that will need removing.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 7:38 Quote
Thewootts wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

yes you can. http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

i take it you have boxxers? you will either need to change the bottom cup or, it may just have a shim in your current setup that will need removing.

I have pretty much all the parts to build the bike but the fork, I'm gonna wait a few months before buying the fork. In the mean time I was thinking to mount a 36 rc2 180mm than I have hanging, that could be a fun freeride bike for some winter freeride in the woods

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 14:05 Quote
Liaml wrote:
Thewootts wrote:
guiv34 wrote:

They propose me the same thing but I refuse. I want to have the bike in this period Really Mad

The plastic part are from Igus, ordered in their website.
http://www.igus.fr/

I have ordered references G / W300 and J.

I put on the MX link the J references (the others seems to be more difficult to put in the MX link, the tolerances are the same with the J, but I haven't force to put them. The J parts are easy to put).

To remove the old pieces, you can pull with a tool on the collar of the parts. Or you can broke the collar and use a socket tu push.

Do you think you can list the bearing dimensions/sizes so that mi can order some up. It be easier than having to strip my mx link and measure them up.

Thanks ;-)

I ordered some from canyon last week but they wouldn't sell the link bearings separately you can only buy the full frame bearing kit which was £37 delivered to UK, which isn't a bad price for a full spare set of bearings.

I've measured the new link bearings from canyon and from igus.co.uk if you were to order the J reference you would need to select from the drop down option(part number): JFM-1012-12
This will give you;
shaft diameter(d1): 10mm
outer diameter(d2): 12mm
flange diameter(d3): 18mm
bearing width(b1): 12mm
flange thickness(b2): 1mm

the set tolerances should then give the interference fit, these are £5.60 each but if you order more they are a lot cheaper(10 for £2.20 each)

hope this helps

Hi I know this is kind of an old post but I've been having the same issues with my MX Link, third time now in 9 months that I've had to replace the link because the bushings are worn out. Each time the black oxide coating on the bearing surface on the two shoulder bolts that the bushings run on has also worn down to bear metal. So replacing the bushes doesn't get rid of all of the play. Genius idea to use oxide coated bolts on a bearing surface!

So the only way to get rid of the play in the back end is to buy a full link kit and a complete bolt kit for the bike, given that Canyon won't sell individual parts, so that's about £80 every time. I've complained to Canyon that this is way too much money to replace a low number of simple parts, which shouldn't be wearing out so quickly anyway, and also that they need to change the bolts so that the finished bearing surface is bear metal to start with...but getting nowhere. My bike has been with them now for over a month.

Posted: Nov 24, 2017 at 15:08 Quote
cuzza wrote:
Liaml wrote:
Thewootts wrote:

Do you think you can list the bearing dimensions/sizes so that mi can order some up. It be easier than having to strip my mx link and measure them up.

Thanks ;-)

I ordered some from canyon last week but they wouldn't sell the link bearings separately you can only buy the full frame bearing kit which was £37 delivered to UK, which isn't a bad price for a full spare set of bearings.

I've measured the new link bearings from canyon and from igus.co.uk if you were to order the J reference you would need to select from the drop down option(part number): JFM-1012-12
This will give you;
shaft diameter(d1): 10mm
outer diameter(d2): 12mm
flange diameter(d3): 18mm
bearing width(b1): 12mm
flange thickness(b2): 1mm

the set tolerances should then give the interference fit, these are £5.60 each but if you order more they are a lot cheaper(10 for £2.20 each)

hope this helps

Hi I know this is kind of an old post but I've been having the same issues with my MX Link, third time now in 9 months that I've had to replace the link because the bushings are worn out. Each time the black oxide coating on the bearing surface on the two shoulder bolts that the bushings run on has also worn down to bear metal. So replacing the bushes doesn't get rid of all of the play. Genius idea to use oxide coated bolts on a bearing surface!

So the only way to get rid of the play in the back end is to buy a full link kit and a complete bolt kit for the bike, given that Canyon won't sell individual parts, so that's about £80 every time. I've complained to Canyon that this is way too much money to replace a low number of simple parts, which shouldn't be wearing out so quickly anyway, and also that they need to change the bolts so that the finished bearing surface is bear metal to start with...but getting nowhere. My bike has been with them now for over a month.
I also found this problem and also the bushes ordered from igus some were a tight fit as you would expect and others weren't so would have play to begin with if you fitted them. I guess this is due to the tolerances.
The threads on my front link bolt managed to get stripped so the bolt ended up stuck in the frame loose, then after removing it the receiving threads in the frame became damaged so my bike had to go back to canyon. I've only just got my bike back this week after them having it for 2 and a half month, their customer service is terrible. They replaced my frame under warranty though which was decent of them

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 13:36 Quote
Mine is going back next week for similar mx link issues.
Definitely a weak point in this frame.

O+
Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 5:10 Quote
Good point about the tolerances - I was about to buy some bushings from igus but won't bother now. I guess Canyon specify a tighter tolerance when they buy from igus - would be good if Canyon would share that but they won't even confirm the bushing part number!

Is anyone else finding that, when new, the link adds a lot of stiction into the back end? I was finding that as the bushings wore out and the stiction decreased, I was having to constantly having to add clicks of damping. Not the best when you're trying to dial in suspension from one track to another.

The link needs a major rethink imo. Trying to get Canyon engaged in an adult conversation about it is hard work. When I asked them what they thought was a reasonable period of time for the link bearings to wear out, their response was: "It is possible to wear bearings/bushings within one weekend of riding, if you imagine the incredible stress the bike is under; ridden in very wet conditions, huge forces travelling from different directions, for long periods of time."

Madder

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 6:27 Quote
The bushes from canyon were the same I ended up having to mix and match those and the igus ones to get the best fitting ones, were only available as a full bearing kit from canyon too so was a bit of a waste spending the money unless you needed to replace all the bearings in the frame.
No idea why they can't sell them separate or have them in stick in the UK service centre.
I haven't had the issue with the stictuon not that I've noticed anyways

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 9:11 Quote
Canyon have had my bike for over a month now.... and not being able to know what the bearing kit to source elsewhere is ridiculously frustrating! Especially the bushes! Thinking Enduro Max bearings may last longer?

Posted: Nov 28, 2017 at 11:01 Quote
Ralston88 wrote:
Canyon have had my bike for over a month now.... and not being able to know what the bearing kit to source elsewhere is ridiculously frustrating! Especially the bushes! Thinking Enduro Max bearings may last longer?
the bearing sizes from the set I got from canyon (from code written on bearing):

6805RS(on bearing sites seem to come up as 6805-2RS), 25x37x7, (there was 4 of these in the canyon set)

6902RS(on sites come up as 6902-2RS), 15x28x7, (2 of these in canyon set)

698VRS, 8x19x6/7.5-extended inner race, (4 of these in the canyon set)

can't find a full set anywhere but can all be ordered separately, the enduro max ones are expensive but would be worth it if they are more durable. I haven't felt the need to change the original frame ones they seem to run fine.
the bush sizes are posted further up, there are some alternatives to the ones from igus when you search about on google but not sure what they would be like.

Posted: Dec 1, 2017 at 4:28 Quote
i ride in the desert and beat the shit out of my sender. bearings still seem good. 6 months too early to tell? Ride weekends. Maybe the wet weather?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014246
Mobile Version of Website