Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jan 8, 2018 at 22:39 Quote
Agree that invisframe is a pain to do, but completely worth it.

I have a new bike sat in my apartment unridden as I'm waiting for my invisframe to come first. I learned that the hardest with the sender

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 8:41 Quote
Use a hot air gun or a hair dryer when fitting the helitape especially in this weather get the chill off the frame and pre warm the tape.. it will stick better and be more pliable to fit. Bike looks great i remember when mine was that shiny!


As for canyon leaving out the shock pump... no surprise really!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Hi,
I got a brand new Sender out-of-the-box and already have a problem with MX link free play.
It looks like the bushing's flange on both ends of the MX link are missing 0.5 mm for each one.
I have spoken with Canyon's support via Live Chat and the response was that it's normal free play, F$#^&%$>##% B@$&&
Later, I just emailed to the the whole stroy with a full video.
Anyone have seen the same problem ?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
alexad wrote:
Hi,
I got a brand new Sender out-of-the-box and already have a problem with MX link free play.
It looks like the bushing's flange on both ends of the MX link are missing 0.5 mm for each one.
I have spoken with Canyon's support via Live Chat and the response was that it's normal free play, F$#^&%$>##% B@$&&
Later, I just emailed to the the whole stroy with a full video.
Anyone have seen the same problem ?

There is a small margin of free movement so that when the rear flex the shock can still move freely.
The small link is pulling the shock, so just like you can pull with a rope but not push, it does not have to be stiff as a link that push it.

So yeah It's intended, this was a sale pitch even when the bike was presented.
I hope I managed to explain myself, I'm obviously not native.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Stylexxx wrote:

There is a small margin of free movement so that when the rear flex the shock can still move freely.


Hi, i'm thinking of buying a sender, but that's exactly what is stopping me. I like stiff bikes but I've heard the rear is not stiff at all and it flexes a lot. The whole rear triangle and seatstays in particular also look really thin but where I live there are not too many people riding it and I havent had the chance to see and try it in person, so I have to ask here: What do you guys have to say about it? Is it really too much and how does it feel? Cheers!

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
zandeto wrote:
Stylexxx wrote:

There is a small margin of free movement so that when the rear flex the shock can still move freely.


Hi, i'm thinking of buying a sender, but that's exactly what is stopping me. I like stiff bikes but I've heard the rear is not stiff at all and it flexes a lot. The whole rear triangle and seatstays in particular also look really thin but where I live there are not too many people riding it and I havent had the chance to see and try it in person, so I have to ask here: What do you guys have to say about it? Is it really too much and how does it feel? Cheers!

The rear end is quite stiff, is the mx link that has a lateral movement, it has nothing to do with the rear wheel stiffness just like ohlins angolar bushing don't compromise rear wheel stiffness.

As said previously even if it was a metal wire, it would still pull the shock and not compromise rear wheel stiffness, the problem with wires is that while they are light as soon as you slightly miss-align them they can produce significant lateral forces.

The reason it moves, is that there will be always some degree of compliance in the chainstay, there is no point in making it uber stiff as wheel and tyre flex and therefore the additional material would be dead weight plus, compliace help tracking, but when flex reach the shock it apply lateral forces and increase friction.

So a "lateral floating" link ensure that small lateral movement won't affect the shock.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Thanks man! I am actually buying a aluminium sender which doesn't have the mx link so I only care about rear wheel stiffness. I just don't like wobbly rears. I mean I do but not on bikes Big Grin

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
Stylexxx wrote:
alexad wrote:
Hi,
I got a brand new Sender out-of-the-box and already have a problem with MX link free play.
It looks like the bushing's flange on both ends of the MX link are missing 0.5 mm for each one.
I have spoken with Canyon's support via Live Chat and the response was that it's normal free play, F$#^&%$>##% B@$&&
Later, I just emailed to the the whole stroy with a full video.
Anyone have seen the same problem ?

There is a small margin of free movement so that when the rear flex the shock can still move freely.
The small link is pulling the shock, so just like you can pull with a rope but not push, it does not have to be stiff as a link that push it.

So yeah It's intended, this was a sale pitch even when the bike was presented.
I hope I managed to explain myself, I'm obviously not native.

Thanks for the information.
The only thing that bugs me it's the knocking sound that this free play does on the MX link during the suspension work. This knocking sound of "MX link" when it slides from left and right drives me crazy.

Posted: 19 hours ago Quote
alexad wrote:
Stylexxx wrote:
alexad wrote:
Hi,
I got a brand new Sender out-of-the-box and already have a problem with MX link free play.
It looks like the bushing's flange on both ends of the MX link are missing 0.5 mm for each one.
I have spoken with Canyon's support via Live Chat and the response was that it's normal free play, F$#^&%$>##% B@$&&
Later, I just emailed to the the whole stroy with a full video.
Anyone have seen the same problem ?

There is a small margin of free movement so that when the rear flex the shock can still move freely.
The small link is pulling the shock, so just like you can pull with a rope but not push, it does not have to be stiff as a link that push it.

So yeah It's intended, this was a sale pitch even when the bike was presented.
I hope I managed to explain myself, I'm obviously not native.

Thanks for the information.
The only thing that bugs me it's the knocking sound that this free play does on the MX link during the suspension work. This knocking sound of "MX link" when it slides from left and right drives me crazy.

I think that it could be solved with O rings or some kind of plastic spacers placed on both sides. I didn't ride it enought yet to notice the sound.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019615
Mobile Version of Website