Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 19:01 Quote
kaibr88 wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:
Who is having bottom out issues with the Fox X2 loaded with the factory 5 spacers in the 2018 senders ?

I am 195lbs
X2= 215psi
5 spaces from factory
factory compression settings and rebound settings

Not DH tested yet as the parks are closed.

I found it bottomed out way too easy when set to 30% sag. I've been running 25% sag for a while now and it's felt great, make sure when pumping up the shock you gently cycle it through 25% of it's travel a few times with the pump attached as this hugely affects the feel of the shock. I've also recently discovered that as long as you're not running max pressure you can remove the spacers limiter and add more spacers for a bit more bottom out resistance although I haven't done this myself.

So you have a 2018 sender ? I heard the 2018 model had some changes to the Fox X2 . I won't remove the X2 blocker. 5 spacers should be plenty . 25%sag in the rear 20% front should be perfect for my style.

Thanks

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 3:35 Quote
Jnicosia wrote:
kaibr88 wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:
Who is having bottom out issues with the Fox X2 loaded with the factory 5 spacers in the 2018 senders ?

I am 195lbs
X2= 215psi
5 spaces from factory

I found it bottomed out way too easy when set to 30% sag. I've been running 25% sag for a while now and it's felt great, make sure when pumping up the shock you gently cycle it through 25% of it's travel a few times with the pump attached as this hugely affects the feel of the shock. I've also recently discovered that as long as you're not running max pressure you can remove the spacers limiter and add more spacers for a bit more bottom out resistance although I haven't done this myself.

So you have a 2018 sender ? I heard the 2018 model had some changes to the Fox X2 . I won't remove the X2 blocker. 5 spacers should be plenty . 25%sag in the rear 20% front should be perfect for my style.

Thanks

I was interested in what fox had done to the 2018 x2 I spoke with someone at mojo suspension and they seemed to think that the only change in the x2 was shim stack tune and that they are identical other than that regardless of what promo blurb says on the fox website... i can neither confirm or deny this but mojo have a good reputation.

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 6:27 Quote
Thewootts wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:
kaibr88 wrote:

Thanks

I was interested in what fox had done to the 2018 x2 I spoke with someone at mojo suspension and they seemed to think that the only change in the x2 was shim stack tune and that they are identical other than that regardless of what promo blurb says on the fox website... i can neither confirm or deny this but mojo have a good reputation.

I heard somewere that the Inner tube should also be different size, allowing more oil flow in rebound and use different oil weight and lower friction seals, but I can't confirm any of that.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 11:08 Quote
kaibr88 wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:

I am 195lbs
X2= 215psi
5 spaces from factory

25% on wheel or shock?

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 13:05 Quote
Stylexxx wrote:
Thewootts wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:

Thanks

I heard somewere that the Inner tube should also be different size, allowing more oil flow in rebound and use different oil weight and lower friction seals, but I can't confirm any of that.

Nothing new that i know

Posted: Mar 14, 2018 at 18:08 Quote
Jnicosia wrote:
kaibr88 wrote:
Jnicosia wrote:

I am 195lbs
X2= 215psi
5 spaces from factory

Thanks

No I've got the 2017, I also heard there would be an update on the 2018 X2. 25% rear and 15% on the forks is what I run and it works great for me. I measure rear sag on the shock, 25% puts the frame sag markings out by about 1mm

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 11:00 Quote
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned you can pretty much fit any shock to any bike, though it might not be ideal.

The specs for the Non-US 7.0 and 6.0 have a rear shock size of 225x75 (same as the Trek Session 8 ).
The webpage for the US 6.0 just says "240", so I called them. Apparently the US 6.0 uses a 240x76 sized shock.

I get that that's only 15mm longer, but I didn't think you could keep the same frame and lengthen a shock by that much and still have it be "ideal".
And I can't believe they redesigned the frame just for the US, but maybe they did.
I know that's the size on the Carbon version, but that's with the MX link.

No big deal, and you really can swap shock lengths within 15mm of one another?

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 17:42 Quote
theine wrote:
Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned you can pretty much fit any shock to any bike, though it might not be ideal.

The specs for the Non-US 7.0 and 6.0 have a rear shock size of 225x75 (same as the Trek Session 8 ).
The webpage for the US 6.0 just says "240", so I called them. Apparently the US 6.0 uses a 240x76 sized shock.

I get that that's only 15mm longer, but I didn't think you could keep the same frame and lengthen a shock by that much and still have it be "ideal".
And I can't believe they redesigned the frame just for the US, but maybe they did.

size is 9.5X3 if you put a shorter stroke shock while maintain the same length you have a different compression curve, the last rising part will be absent as the shock will bottom out before it reach that, and off course less travel.

If you put a shorter overall shock the BB will be lower, HA slacker, and again slightly different compression curve and shorter travel.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 18:02 Quote
Stylexxx wrote:
theine wrote:

size is 9.5X3 if you put a shorter stroke shock while maintain the same length you have a different compression curve, the last rising part will be absent as the shock will bottom out before it reach that, and off course less travel.

If you put a shorter overall shock the BB will be lower, HA slacker, and again slightly different compression curve and shorter travel.

Thanks for explaining.
Same frame, different compression curve.

It does surprise me that they'd offer a different compression curve (via different length shock, same stroke) in the US vs. their Euro model in the same year, though. Of course, it could just be that they were able to secure the different sized shocks more cheaply and engineering found it acceptable, or something along those lines.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
theine wrote:
Stylexxx wrote:
theine wrote:

Thanks for explaining.
Same frame, different compression curve.

It does surprise me that they'd offer a different compression curve (via different length shock, same stroke) in the US vs. their Euro model in the same year, though. Of course, it could just be that they were able to secure the different sized shocks more cheaply and engineering found it acceptable, or something along those lines.

I think it's just a typo or a mistake from the rep, all Sender CF come with 9.5x3" shock

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 11:51 Quote
The big bike and the little bike together, today I got to ride both so you could say that was a good day!

photo

Posted: Mar 17, 2018 at 10:42 Quote
does anybody know if the braided hose on my v4's will fit through the frame of my canyon sender?
from what i can see under the frame the hole is only just big enough for the standard brake hose to fit through just wondering if anybody has fitted hope v4's with braided hose to the sender yet?

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 12:10 Quote
I have the E4 standard hoses , probably be a while until I mount them . I don't think the braided hoses will fit.

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 at 14:46 Quote
Mrjameslowe wrote:
does anybody know if the braided hose on my v4's will fit through the frame of my canyon sender?
from what i can see under the frame the hole is only just big enough for the standard brake hose to fit through just wondering if anybody has fitted hope v4's with braided hose to the sender yet?

You can still use the standard hose, or use a E4 for the rear and a V4 for the front

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
Anybody SELLING A SENDER? I AM LOOKING TO BUY either an L or XL one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033129
Mobile Version of Website