Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 1:35 Quote
The minimum insertion was just what i measured on a full length post i had to hand .. However that is a valid point, not sure id be happy with only 3"inch insertion...you would think frame would have a minimum insertion spec, as well as a seat post.. i've never really thought about it before, but on the other hand if the post has been chopped and its only an inch or two out the frame it will not have a massive leverage ratio like running a trail bike on full extension.

Is this all being over scienced nowRolleyes

Posted: Jun 7, 2018 at 4:21 Quote
Hi all

Have just joined the Sender club and so far I'm absolutely loving it. I have the 2018 Sender CF 8.0 with Saint spec and Fox 40's and X2 Performance Elite. My fist ride with the standard setting the bike felt very harsh on the tracks in FOD. A bit of fiddling with the settings and quite happy with how it feels now. Had no issues bottoming out with the X2. I'm 6'2 and around 100kg. so running approx 220psi although I may up this to 230psi for my next ride.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 0:15 Quote
Anyone happen to know the headset bearing sizes.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 20:45 Quote
milky24 wrote:
Anyone happen to know the headset bearing sizes.

These are the ones I got when they needed replacing...
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-cartridge-bearings-s2-s3-zs2-is2/rp-prod11266

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 12:20 Quote
I've ordered a DHX2 2018, I'll test it soon and give my impression on it.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 0:02 Quote
photo

Hi!

Yesterday I finally rode my sender for first time!

Very happy but I have a couple of doubts about the springs. I felt the fork hard and the shock soft. In the shock the rubber bump after every descent ended at the end of its travel, although I did not notice the bottom outs. My bike have the Fox performance fork with the serial spring (I think it's the blue) and the spring in the Fox DHX2 is a 350 lb/in... I weight 73kg without clothes, what springs do you recomend me?

Thank you

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
RRASHH wrote:
photo

Hi!

Very happy but I have a couple of doubts about the springs. I felt the fork hard and the shock soft. In the shock the rubber bump after every descent ended at the end of its travel, although I did not notice the bottom outs. My bike have the Fox performance fork with the serial spring (I think it's the blue) and the spring in the Fox DHX2 is a 350 lb/in... I weight 73kg without clothes, what springs do you recomend me?

Thank you
I've just put your weight into a spring calc with added weight for clothing helmet etc and it comes in at 351lb spring (j tech spring calc) so if your bottoming it occasionally it's not harsh (you said you haven't felt it) I wouldn't worry about it, your just using the travel that's there. Try adjusting the compression first before changing springs. If your needing a firmer back end as you ride harder faster go 375. I'm 100kg and run a 500lb and it's set firm. Using my setting you'd be 375lb (set at 75kg riding weight)
Fork wise again look at the compression if it's too harsh take off some.
Can fully reckoned the nukeproof sls spring.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 2:36 Quote
Stylexxx wrote:
I've ordered a DHX2 2018, I'll test it soon and give my impression on it.
Interested in how you find it vs the air as my came with an air that was removed on build up as I had a spare DHX2. Still got the air I'm tempted to give it a run out at some point.

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 8:56 Quote
Never understood the issue with the X2s on the Senders, took some setting up but mine ran absolutely sweet after some fiddling! Fox won't officially say it but you can run the X2 with more spacers no dramas!

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 23:13 Quote
hairy1976 wrote:
RRASHH wrote:
photo

Hi!

Thank you
I've just put your weight into a spring calc with added weight for clothing helmet etc and it comes in at 351lb spring (j tech spring calc) so if your bottoming it occasionally it's not harsh (you said you haven't felt it) I wouldn't worry about it, your just using the travel that's there. Try adjusting the compression first before changing springs. If your needing a firmer back end as you ride harder faster go 375. I'm 100kg and run a 500lb and it's set firm. Using my setting you'd be 375lb (set at 75kg riding weight)
Fork wise again look at the compression if it's too harsh take off some.
Can fully reckoned the nukeproof sls spring.

Thanks! I'll give then a new try to the 350...

Another question, is it normal in this bike that the paint scratch very easily ... After only one day of bikepark the frame is quite scratched

Thank you

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 1:19 Quote
Never had a problem with the paint although im sure in Pinkbikes review they moaned that the chainstay paint came off easy.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 2:02 Quote
Anyone familiar with Sender's bb height? They only provide drop numbers on the page.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
hairy1976 wrote:
Never had a problem with the paint although im sure in Pinkbikes review they moaned that the chainstay paint came off easy.

I mean this:

photo

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 5:19 Quote
RRASHH wrote:
hairy1976 wrote:

I mean this:

photo

well it's polished, my capra 2017 (polished red) that replaced my 2016 (matte red) was much more prone, nothing you can do about it, a part not thinking about that and just enjoy the bike!

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 5:21 Quote
never good when a new bike gets scratched but its only ever new for 1 run.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013744
Mobile Version of Website