Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 13:46 Quote
Hi,

I have a canyon sender and I have to change the bushings every 5 days of ride in the axis under the shock absorber, otherwise there is loose.

Has anyone ever had any problems?

Posted: Aug 26, 2019 at 17:35 Quote
fabre404 wrote:
Hi,

I have a canyon sender and I have to change the bushings every 5 days of ride in the axis under the shock absorber, otherwise there is loose.

Has anyone ever had any problems?

Ho boy, good luck, you’ve got a bad one, some peoples senders just chew through bushings, it’s quite a large known issue. Then others, like mine (late 201Cool have been fine for 10 months. I’m not sure why, there’s quite a few theories. What year is your bike

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
fabre404 wrote:
2018!!!

Huh that’s weird, mine is going strong, you contacted canyon, I know some people have got warranties for it before

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 8:36 Quote
I ride Canyon Sender cf 9.0
What are your settings for fork and shock? What should I adjust, shock works jumping well but the rocky section rear tire is bouncing and i have no grip?

Shock Float Factory x2 settings:
180 psi (72kg)
Lsr 18 click open
Hsr 15 click open
Lsc 19 click open
Hsc 18 click open

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
Pepe88 wrote:
What are your settings for fork and shock? What should I adjust, shock works jumping well but the rocky section rear tire is bouncing and i have no grip?

Shock settings:
180 psi (72kg)
Lsr 18 click open
Hsr 15 click open
Lsc 19 click open
Hsc 18 click open

what is your shock ?

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 12:22 Quote
Sorry my bad

Fox Factory float x2

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 2:52 Quote
Do you run the long or short setting? I prefer the long in chunky terrain.

Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
I run short setting. Otherwise the bike feels good its only the chunky/rock terrain where i want the rear not bouncing every where.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 10:55 Quote
Has anyone swapped out their Acros headset to something better? My 6.0 came with one and after about every 3-4 days on it I have to pull it apart and regrease it.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 5:14 Quote
Honestly I’ve taken mine apart and it’s amazing, it even has weather sealing on the bottom on the crown race, which I know only hope and other high end stuff has, I do have the 9.0 tbf, although never had a single issue

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 9:37 Quote
mikaeljc wrote:
The sag meter shows the sag on the wheel. Since the leverage ratio is not linear sag on the wheel and on the shock is very different. If you run 35% sag on the shock it will correspond to almost 50% sag on the wheel. The AL has a different linkage than the CF, but I suspect a lot of the trouble people have had with bottoming out early in the thread is that they don’t go by Canyons recommended sag but rather run 30-35% sag on the shock. My advise to you is to trust the canyon engineers and use the sag meter, that is what I have done with zero problems of bottoming out.

Thnx for explaining mate! This helped a lot! I also focussed on the shock sag

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 14:54 Quote
Hi all,

Does, anyone know what size/lbs spring comes stock on the Sender AL5.0?

Posted: Oct 27, 2019 at 8:42 Quote
Romulas wrote:
Well, i faced some troubles.
My sender was broken after 1st ride. Hit bushguard and mount cracked. Warranty denied... F**k

Update! Good news - local Canyon dealer accepted the frame and sent it back to the manufacturer.
Guys at Canyon checked damages - and after all decided to replace broken part.

I would like to say big thanks to all those guys (esp. Mikhail Danilenko) who activaly helped to contact with Canyon and cleared this thing up.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 2:04 Quote
What great news, happy days, how does she ride?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007569
Mobile Version of Website