Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 7:20 Quote
New Sender AL vs 2017 SC V10.6?

Looking for a DH bike, and I could get these at the same price. Or V10 even cheaper. Suggestions? Tested only the V10, it was pretty good. But somehow the Sender looks more appealing on the paper and reviews.

Posted: Nov 6, 2019 at 8:05 Quote
The sender al is a great bike to ride and despite it not being top spec I've had no problems with it and it is easily upgraded. Eg new shock. The guide res are really good and I've kept them as they do there job well. In the end it's a choice between top spec second hand and lower spec new with a warranty and more modern geometry.

Posted: Nov 23, 2019 at 22:42 Quote
Hey,

Hello all, I’m currently in the process of getting my 40s custom painted orange with a metallic gold and was wondering if anyone has an orange Mx link I could either purchase off them or trade with them for my silver Mx link from a late 2018 stealth CF9.0, with no play and is in great condition.

Thank you,

Harry

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
Probably the best place to ask as the set up comes stock on the sender. How do you guys find the 25mm Rim and dual 2.4 DHR set up?

My reason for asking is im also on 25mm rims and am looking at going bigger than 2.3 minions but have read varying experiences of people using 2.5 WT so am looking at the dual DHR as a happy medium (and they're pretty cheap at £90 for a pair of DD's)

Posted: Dec 1, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
The sender has 27mm rims stock, although I’ve now upgraded to 32mm (both internal) and I’m loving how the DHRS feel, well supported, I am running it with an insert on the wider rim. Also my front is an assagai as I felt it offered more grip. But DHRs are amazing, also running them on my trail bike with 29mm inner rims

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 1:31 Quote
I have 27mm front and rear with maxxis 2.5 WT on the sender, it feels awesome, I have 35mm/30mm on my trail bike but I honestly don't feel the difference

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 15:31 Quote
Harrythebearj wrote:
fabre404 wrote:
Hi,

I have a canyon sender and I have to change the bushings every 5 days of ride in the axis under the shock absorber, otherwise there is loose.

Has anyone ever had any problems?

Ho boy, good luck, you’ve got a bad one, some peoples senders just chew through bushings, it’s quite a large known issue. Then others, like mine (late 201Cool have been fine for 10 months. I’m not sure why, there’s quite a few theories. What year is your bike

dude, you seem to know your stuff. i just bought a 2018 sender and there seems to be both vertical 'top out' play (in the back end) and the upper 'swingarm' (just above the mx link) has lateral play. the previous owner provided me with a full bearing/bushing and linkage kit, am i right in thinking that fitting all the new hardware should sort the issue out?

Posted: Dec 16, 2019 at 5:49 Quote
tobiusmaximum wrote:
Harrythebearj wrote:
fabre404 wrote:
Hi,

I have a canyon sender and I have to change the bushings every 5 days of ride in the axis under the shock absorber, otherwise there is loose.

Has anyone ever had any problems?

Ho boy, good luck, you’ve got a bad one, some peoples senders just chew through bushings, it’s quite a large known issue. Then others, like mine (late 201Cool have been fine for 10 months. I’m not sure why, there’s quite a few theories. What year is your bike

dude, you seem to know your stuff. i just bought a 2018 sender and there seems to be both vertical 'top out' play (in the back end) and the upper 'swingarm' (just above the mx link) has lateral play. the previous owner provided me with a full bearing/bushing and linkage kit, am i right in thinking that fitting all the new hardware should sort the issue out?

I haven’t heard too much about the top out play but I’ve heard quite a bit about the lateral play, it does seem that the canyon hardware kit can fix this, if you can get one, I just find it weird as my bike CF9.0 late 2018, has never had any of these issues and is as solid as a rock even now after a year of use including a trip to the alps and riding in the English mud

Posted: Dec 21, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
I have a full Canyon sender frame bearing, bushing and bolt kit . It's for the carbon frame sender 2016 to 2019 . I also have 2 rear fenders, derailleur hanger and 2 of those rubber headset top cap seals all brand new parts..

Private message me if you want it .

Posted: Dec 23, 2019 at 13:29 Quote
Anyone got their sender set up as a 29er?
What is the setup with the linkage etc for geometry offset?
The pros bikes look like a different linkage altogether but I’m sure offset bushing etc would get a good set up?

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
Randomdeek wrote:
Anyone got their sender set up as a 29er?
What is the setup with the linkage etc for geometry offset?
The pros bikes look like a different linkage altogether but I’m sure offset bushing etc would get a good set up?

Obvs a fox 49er or BoXXer, and if the bike is in the long chainstay mode you can fit 29er wheels in with no mudguard from factory it’s pretty sick, the linkage slightly slackens it and changes spring rate for the 29 inch riding characteristics

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 12:20 Quote
So try just lobbing wheels and forks on it and see how it rides then go from there, you do also have the adjustable headset

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 3:28 Quote
Hey guys,

Does anyone have a frame bearing kit they’d be willing to sell me? The one on the canyon website just says unavailable.

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 3:58 Quote
If it's just bearings your after ebay has kits.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
milky24 wrote:
If it's just bearings your after ebay has kits.

happily it is just bearings so hopefully, will have a look. cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014041
Mobile Version of Website