Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Dec 1, 2020 at 9:14 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
Would a Öhlins STX22 cartridge kit be a good upgrade from the Fit4 damper that is in my fork at the moment?

Not necessarily an upgrade more just a change, depends how you want it setup, best bet is to talk to a suspension shop and see what they recommend

Posted: Dec 22, 2020 at 17:32 Quote
Nice thread! I just picked up a second hand Sender al. I see all this bushing talk and I need a set where the trunion mounts to the linkage. I’m in the US. Someone point me to exactly what I need or where I can get it? I see the reference to igus but still don’t know what to order!! Thanks for any help! Also will the bearing kit for the cf on the canyon website work for my al sender??

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
Finally bought a DHX2 Factory shock for my -18 CF 8.0, I can't wait to try it in the summer! The shock comes with a 375 spring so i will probably have to get something stiffer (i weight 76kg).

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
Finally bought a DHX2 Factory shock for my -18 CF 8.0, I can't wait to try it in the summer! The shock comes with a 375 spring so i will probably have to get something stiffer (i weight 76kg).

Id be curious to see what you think, im on the heavier side at like 90-95kg so im super chill with the air shock, although im always up to look for potentially better things

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Nice thread! I just picked up a second hand Sender al. I see all this bushing talk and I need a set where the trunion mounts to the linkage. I’m in the US. Someone point me to exactly what I need or where I can get it? I see the reference to igus but still don’t know what to order!! Thanks for any help! Also will the bearing kit for the cf on the canyon website work for my al sender??

Sorry for the late reply mate, it wount the AL linkages is a completly different (and arguably better) than the CF (coming from a CF owner) best bet is to probably send canyon an email

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 13:51 Quote
Harrythebearj wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

Id be curious to see what you think, im on the heavier side at like 90-95kg so im super chill with the air shock, although im always up to look for potentially better things

I'll write a ride report when i get to try it, unfortunately that is about 4-5 months in the future because the Finnish winter!lol

Posted: Jan 5, 2021 at 14:31 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
Harrythebearj wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

I'll write a ride report when i get to try it, unfortunately that is about 4-5 months in the future because the Finnish winter!lol

ah right it is a tad nippy there ahaha

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
Beer hello chums.

Just a quick question.
Does anyone know what the sag indicator on the 2020 (possibly all the senders) is showing ? 20% or 30% ?

When i do the typical stand position and check the yellow lines on the chainstay they line up perfectly so the spring is technically correct for my bodyweight. (400lb spring on the medium frame).
But It feels firm unless going off drops etc (of course you get some squat when standing up and pedalling)

I also have a demo 8 with a 450lb spring which is technically incorrect (too firm for my weight) but is more plush than the sender. I can push the seat down with my hands and it starts to compress easier.

Should i consider getting a softer spring and going over the indicated sag or is that the way it is designed ?

Not really a complaint. Its just something i noticed. And perfectly rideable and everything. Beer

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Hey there! What's everyone's thoughts on the CFR vs. the CFR FMD? Planning on getting the FMD as soon as it's available in the US but didn't know if it would be worth while to save up some more for the regular CFR.

I'm 5'5 ~140lbs (63/64kg) if it matters

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 19, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer hello chums.

Just a quick question.
Does anyone know what the sag indicator on the 2020 (possibly all the senders) is showing ? 20% or 30% ?

When i do the typical stand position and check the yellow lines on the chainstay they line up perfectly so the spring is technically correct for my bodyweight. (400lb spring on the medium frame).
But It feels firm unless going off drops etc (of course you get some squat when standing up and pedalling)

I also have a demo 8 with a 450lb spring which is technically incorrect (too firm for my weight) but is more plush than the sender. I can push the seat down with my hands and it starts to compress easier.

Should i consider getting a softer spring and going over the indicated sag or is that the way it is designed ?

Not really a complaint. Its just something i noticed. And perfectly rideable and everything. Beer

I’m fairly certain it’s 30% though I set mine to about 28% of the shock stroke and it’s great, I do like to slam it into things, and I’m not sure what you’re on about, my bike is stupid plush, even with a shock that needs a service. It could be the settings you’re running on the shock, too much LSC?

Posted: Jan 21, 2021 at 10:42 Quote
I gotta say, i'm very surprised that the weight difference between the factory DHX2 coil shock and the Float X2 Performance shock is so tiny. I haven't weight them yet but it feels like almost nothing when i hold them in my hands.

Man, can't the spring be here already?! I want to ride!

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 0:00 Quote
Motofinne wrote:
I gotta say, i'm very surprised that the weight difference between the factory DHX2 coil shock and the Float X2 Performance shock is so tiny. I haven't weight them yet but it feels like almost nothing when i hold them in my hands.

fun fact on that front, you can actually convert a float X2 into DHX2 so there isnt much in it, the main thing is the coil itself that adds the weight as on the float its just the weight of the air

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 1:03 Quote
Harrythebearj wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

fun fact on that front, you can actually convert a float X2 into DHX2 so there isnt much in it, the main thing is the coil itself that adds the weight as on the float its just the weight of the air

Yeah that makes sense, and with the lightweight SLS spring the difference is small!

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
Any suggestions for a shock other than the Rockshox vivid air r2c (2018 Sender)? You can't even do a basic air can service on this shock without a full IFP bleed and $$$ proprietary tools. Canyon said a coil isn't good, and I've seen some Fox x2 mentions on here. Don't get me wrong, that shock did feel amazing... But I can't fork out $200/yr for simple maintenance. Seeing what worked and what didn't for you guys.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
monkies wrote:
Any suggestions for a shock other than the Rockshox vivid air r2c (2018 Sender)? You can't even do a basic air can service on this shock without a full IFP bleed and $$$ proprietary tools. Canyon said a coil isn't good, and I've seen some Fox x2 mentions on here. Don't get me wrong, that shock did feel amazing... But I can't fork out $200/yr for simple maintenance. Seeing what worked and what didn't for you guys.

I just got the DHX2 for my 2018 Sender. I haven't tried it yet because we have 2 meters of snow here but i expect it to work well even though Canyon officially claim people shouldn't go with a coil on that generation Sender. Plenty of other have tried it and they've liked it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012373
Mobile Version of Website