Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Anyone have any thought on putting a 29er fork/wheel on my sender al 6.0? Just looking to change it up and seeing if it’s worth the $$ to even bother with. I know I’d need new wheel, tire, angle set. Has anyone done it or think a mullet is that much better? Also my current for is a 2018 Boxxer coil with Charger damper? All the new stuff seems to have debonair with Charger. I like my coil fork, and almost feel like air is a down grade! And I can’t find any coil 29er forks! Thoughts?

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
Hello!

My bike is canyon sender al 6 2020 size L. Does anyone know what is rear shock spring rate on stock setup? And what is right rate for my weight? My weight is 95kg plus gear.

Best Regards Jouni Tolonen Finland

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
JouTol wrote:
Hello!

My bike is canyon sender al 6 2020 size L. Does anyone know what is rear shock spring rate on stock setup? And what is right rate for my weight? My weight is 95kg plus gear.

Best Regards Jouni Tolonen Finland

Does your sender have a sag indicator on the rear triangle, should be on the left side. Make sure the sag meter lines up! That’s always a good place to start!

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
JouTol wrote:

It will be shown on the coil itself. (400lb in this case)
Typically the spring rates are Small : 350lb - Medium : 400lb , Large : 450lb , Extra large : 500lb
(You may have something different due to availability or if you bought it 2nd hand)

You should be around 20-25% sag for your bodyweight. (The yellow lines on the chain stay). The yellow lines are for 20% sag. (I don't know if this is different for the carbon frames.. some review site said it was for 30% sag) But when you line the lines up, it say's 20% on the shock itself.

As for what is recommended for you depends on your style of riding. I wouldn't have thought you would be using all the travel, maybe even a bit firm because of how the linkage works on the sender.

However the easiest way to know is just sit on the bike and look at the sag indicator. Being slightly over the sag lines and the bike will feel more plush but you may bottom out a bit more often. If you are under, then you should maybe consider getting a softer coil (400lb).

Im usually dead on the recommended sag and to be honest the suspension feels a bit firm. However !! The bonus of having less sag (20% instead of 30%) is you are less likely to bottom out but still use 80-95% of the travel on drops) and less pedal squat. And canyon must think this is good because they wouldn't have the indicator for 20% otherwise ? .. Beer

Posted: Aug 5, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
Hi,

Firstly hope Ive put this in the right place.

I have a CFR 2021 and owned for a few months. I have noticed lateral movement in the frame cups and this caused excessive movement of them in the frame and chipped my paintwork. I sent the bike to Canyon UK and they blamed me for not having everything tight enough. However after 1 days riding in Wales the issue came back. I have now created aluminium shims to take up the slack but after speaking with others on various Canyon Facebook groups it would appear this is not an isolated case. I am speaking with 4 other people from around the world at the moment all with the same issue. Even brand new out of the box.

I am in talks with canyon at the moment and urge them to rectify the problem as its only a matter of time before the carbon fails around the cups / steerer tube and could cause serious injury or a fatality.

I would be interested to know if anyone else with a CFR or FMD has this issue. Videos or images would be of great help.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 5:51 Quote
Looking at a Sender AL 6 in XL. I am 178cm and weigh 82kg. The reach numbers don't seem like too much but this will be my first DH bike. I am currently on a L Ibis Ripmo. Is this too big of a bike?

Posted: Aug 11, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
jpatz319 wrote:
Looking at a Sender AL 6 in XL. I am 178cm and weigh 82kg. The reach numbers don't seem like too much but this will be my first DH bike. I am currently on a L Ibis Ripmo. Is this too big of a bike?

To big !! On a medium frame you will still need to lean foward to even reach the grips (im 170cm).

Not to mention the spring will be too firm !! you will be at 10-15% sag at most !. Small or medium is what you want. (Small will give you 350lb spring which will be plush (30% sag), Medium will have 400lb which for your body weight will be around 20% (The sweet spot and is actually kind of the recommended for this style of riding)

For someone new into DH, i would say get the cassette switched back to a 10-speed asap, And get as close to 30% sag as possible. This will make your experience much nicer and won't limit where/how you ride (24t is not all that fun uphill). My first bike was an L size demo 8 and it felt waaay to firm (450lb coil), reach too far and felt sluggish compared to a nice nimble plusher setup).

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 1:11 Quote

Pretty bad quality pic of a pretty amazing bike...i've been contemplating getting the new sender but honestly this one ticks all my boxes
A few changes compared to last year:
i put a raceface nextr31 carbon upfront with a supergravity magic mary, instead of broken dt+dh MM (lost more 500g and the handling is much sharper and nicer)
Renthal alloy bar instead of whatever was before

Next stop is to get an ex511 laced on my rear hub, cause the back rim is toasted beyond repair and to send the X2 for service, but both need to survive the next couple of months of dh riding

Posted: Aug 20, 2021 at 13:08 Quote
For anyone who wants to replace the garbage headset on a 2021 Canyon Sender 6 AL
The headset top is a ZS44. Steerer tube diameter 28.6mm
The bottom is a ZS56 conversion kit. (You might not need to do the conversion kit)

I went with a short cane creek headset top. Part BAA0080K https://www.competitivecyclist.com/cane-creek-40-series-zs44-28.6-short-top-assembly-headset with a cane creek. I also went with a Cane Creek 41MM BAA1130 bearing. I am not sure if the "Tall" version would have worked better. I did have the add a 10mm spacer on top of the headset to get the stem back to the right height.

For the bottom, because the the steerer tube doesn't taper, I went with a Cane Creek 40 ZS56/30 Conversion Kit https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/cane-creek-40-zs56-30-conversion-bottom-headset-black

I replaced my crown race with the bottom of the conversion kit. If this is totally wrong someone tell me. It looked like it might have worked with the old crown race but Cane Creeks part looked much higher quality so I replaced it.

Notes for swapping the headset. You will need some sort of press or headset remover to get the old cups out.

Posted: Aug 31, 2021 at 9:58 Quote
Eek Welp.. got the dreaded upper shock mount play.. 2020 alloy model. Facepalm (lifting from the seat you can see the frame move slightly under the bolts)

Anyone know how you would go about fixing it ? (Can it be fixed ?! Eek )

Upped a vid. So there's 2 bolt's but i can't work out what's actually worn out.. it's a trunnion shock but there's no bearings in the frame itself ?

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006006
Mobile Version of Website