Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
bigquotesYoud most likley have to machine out the bearing seat and then press in either a larger bearing or a sleeve to go around the current bearing size

On the 2020 model (and 2018?) it's this bushing type thing and not a bearing.

The 2018 model will be the same as yours

Posted: Oct 5, 2021 at 13:04 Quote
Eek oh they are the same.
Do you know how to go about removing them and fitting new one's ? do you need special tool ? It doesn't look like they come out easily and not something you wanna smack out with a hammer and screwdriver ? Very confused

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
Sender AL 2021 fork offset

Does anyone know what the offset is for the AL5 & 6?

I called Canyon and they gave 2 different answers, one being 42mm and 48mm.

I've ordered the AL5 and want to drop in some new forks but wanted to understand the actual true offset of stock.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Mbag85 wrote:

I've ordered the AL5 and want to drop in some new forks but wanted to understand the actual true offset of stock.

46mm on the boxxer's

Posted: Oct 21, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Mbag85 wrote:

46mm on the boxxer's

Thank you, it arrived yesterday and ordered the fox 40 48mm offset.

Posted: Oct 28, 2021 at 13:40 Quote
Anyone know what the rear dimensions are for the sender al 2021 wheel? Canyon again being absolutely useless gave 2 different measurements. 150x12 and 157x12. I know the CFR is 157x12 but is the AL the same?

Posted: Oct 29, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
Mbag85 wrote:
Anyone know what the rear dimensions are for the sender al 2021 wheel? Canyon again being absolutely useless gave 2 different measurements. 150x12 and 157x12. I know the CFR is 157x12 but is the AL the same?

Yes 157x12 nice wide hubs Smile

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 13:47 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
jpatz319 wrote:
Looking at a Sender AL 6 in XL. I am 178cm and weigh 82kg. The reach numbers don't seem like too much but this will be my first DH bike. I am currently on a L Ibis Ripmo. Is this too big of a bike?

To big !! On a medium frame you will still need to lean foward to even reach the grips (im 170cm).

Not to mention the spring will be too firm !! you will be at 10-15% sag at most !. Small or medium is what you want. (Small will give you 350lb spring which will be plush (30% sag), Medium will have 400lb which for your body weight will be around 20% (The sweet spot and is actually kind of the recommended for this style of riding)

For someone new into DH, i would say get the cassette switched back to a 10-speed asap, And get as close to 30% sag as possible. This will make your experience much nicer and won't limit where/how you ride (24t is not all that fun uphill). My first bike was an L size demo 8 and it felt waaay to firm (450lb coil), reach too far and felt sluggish compared to a nice nimble plusher setup).

How sure are you that the indicator on the triangle is 20% sag and not 30%?

If I line up the indicator and check it against the shock travel they're both 30% ?

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 0:54 Quote
bigquotesHow sure are you that the indicator on the triangle is 20% sag and not 30%?

If I line up the indicator and check it against the shock travel they're both 30% ?

Do you have coil or air shock ?
With a coil if you compress the shock to match the sag lines it will say 20% on the shock itself as well. (On a M size frame with the stock 400lb spring) - Not sure if they position the sag indicator lines differently on bigger or smaller frames) Very confused

That's what it show's on the alloy model. Im not sure if the CF version is different. (There's the MX link on CF which probably show's 30% because the linkage has more leverage, thus less effort to use more of the travel)

Also my other bike has a 300lb coil instead of 400lb like the sender. And that show's 30% sag. So naturally 100lb difference will be around 10% Smile

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 1:37 Quote
I'm on a large 2021 AL6 with a RS super deluxe ultimate DH shock with a 550lbs spring (yes I'm heavy and like to smash off everything)

I've double checked and it's 30% travel used on shock damper.

Maybe it's different om a large frame?

Are you not finding the alignment on the rear triangle too firm? 28%sag is my usual go to on most DH rigs

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 1:54 Quote
Very confused that's quite interesting. then yes i guess they do position the line's different. makes sense tbh.

Ye this build was just for speed and something light and playful (Previous bike was a heavy monster of burden Eek )
Just never really got around to changing it lol. That said, there is something nice about being supported more with less sag. I basically just look'd at the sag line's when it arrive and saw they lined up and didn't really think much more about it.

But now you mention it, it would probably be better with a softer coil Beer or maybe ride harder to justify the firmness Eek

Posted: Nov 7, 2021 at 23:32 Quote
It would be useful to know if other use the sag indicator or just set to personal preference.

Canyon are terrible for not listing specifics on components and the big ass manual has nothing specific about the sender, just generic crap that relates to bikes in general.. grr.

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
Beer It's probably best to go by preference. But it is curious why they even have that sag thing on the bike when rock shox literally show you the % on the shock itself... (which is what a majority of their bike's are fitted with from stock)

I can say from owning 3 dh bikes now. That they are all same when it come's to spring rate. The only part that changes is HOW it moves in terms of linkage design. anti-squat , pedal kickback etc.

If you're bottoming out on every drop or jump then it's simply time to get a firmer coil or put more pressure in. Fab

Facepalm unfortunatly there is a myth that you are supposed to use ALL of your travel ALL of the time. but having too soft setup also yields negatives like feeling bogged down in the travel, pedalling feels like all your energy is pushing down and not foward, And when you bottom out you literally have no suspension.. might as well have ridden a hardtail. lol

Posted: Nov 20, 2021 at 6:11 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Eek oh they are the same.
Do you know how to go about removing them and fitting new one's ? do you need special tool ? It doesn't look like they come out easily and not something you wanna smack out with a hammer and screwdriver ? Very confused

Sorry for the slow response, if I remember correctly they should be a normal size and you can use bearing presses and should be able to pop it out, is a bit of a trickier job but perfectly doable

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Anyone ride both the Sender al/6 and the CFR? I’ve got the Al version, just curious on how much or what I’m missing by not having the mx link? It the suspension more supple? Does it feel the same? I’m always thinking that it’s got to feel better than my 4 bar linkage! I feel a lot of chatter through the pedals on mine? Would I notice much difference on a CFR or commencal supreme? Please help talk me off of my ledge thinking that every bike out there will ride better thank my sender al!!!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006425
Mobile Version of Website