Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 22:34 Quote
If you could add the mx-link to your current sender it would just use more of the travel (slightly more sag) because of the leverage difference.

What you are noticing is actually by design. It uses bushes instead of bearings and there isn't an independent linkage to allow for more movement (The more pivot point's and/or placement of them the smoother the suspension will feel)

On the flip side, regular sender doesn't have as much squat and pedal kickback because of this.

The difference a high pivot design (commencal) would bring is, You would be getting closer to that 'no chain' feel. Where your suspension is able to move more freely.

I class the sender as an 'absorb' type where you don't get that bouncy feel that you are looking for ?
Bouncy is NOT what you want despite it looking cool that's not what suspension is supposed to do.

Beer

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
Hey guys, I know this question was asked here before but I am not sure it was answered.

I wanna remove the 2 larger bearings in the mainfram that are on the main pivot. In between them is a black alu tube with 2 holes in it that came with the service kit.

Since that tube sits flush against the bearings i cannot hook anything behind them to pull the bearings out.

Is it a good idea to put a scredriver into the hole of that middle tube and tap them out or do I need a special tool?

https://www.canyon.com/de-at/fahrradzubehoer/fahrradteile/ersatzteile-verschleiss/canyon-ersatzteile/canyon-gp0053-01-sender-cf-montage-kit/9100595.html?dwvar_9100595_pv_farbe=RD

Posted: Dec 11, 2021 at 6:06 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Anyone ride both the Sender al/6 and the CFR? I’ve got the Al version, just curious on how much or what I’m missing by not having the mx link? It the suspension more supple? Does it feel the same? I’m always thinking that it’s got to feel better than my 4 bar linkage! I feel a lot of chatter through the pedals on mine? Would I notice much difference on a CFR or commencal supreme? Please help talk me off of my ledge thinking that every bike out there will ride better thank my sender al!!!

I dont feel any chatter at all on my AL version, it's like butter on small stuff and I'm 100kg on a 550lbs spring smashing in and off everything I can.
Sounds like your rear needs dialing in

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 20:10 Quote
Well, just tore down my bike for a good cleaning…. Now I’ve stripped the threads in my rear triangle where one of the linkage bolts goes in.. can it be repaired?? And can someone give me the size/thread pitch on EP0800 seat stay pivot 14/1.50??

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 12:41 Quote
For which generation?
Cwall1 wrote:
Well, just tore down my bike for a good cleaning…. Now I’ve stripped the threads in my rear triangle where one of the linkage bolts goes in.. can it be repaired?? And can someone give me the size/thread pitch on EP0800 seat stay pivot 14/1.50??

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 5:43 Quote
Harrythebearj wrote:
For which generation?
Cwall1 wrote:

It’s a 2018 sender 6 al.. I’ve been everywhere trying to match it. It must be a canyon only thing. I managed to buy a kit from them and put the new seat stay pivot in. Luckily it threaded in completely. Now just to never take it apart again..

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Harrythebearj wrote:
For which generation?
Cwall1 wrote:

It’s a 2018 sender 6 al.. I’ve been everywhere trying to match it. It must be a canyon only thing. I managed to buy a kit from them and put the new seat stay pivot in. Luckily it threaded in completely. Now just to never take it apart again..

Phew!

With the AL, are you lining up the sag meter on frame or are you just going with what feels good?

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 6:02 Quote
Mbag85 wrote:
Cwall1 wrote:
Harrythebearj wrote:
For which generation?

Phew!

With the AL, are you lining up the sag meter on frame or are you just going with what feels good?

I do line up the sag meter. It puts me right at 25% sag on my shock graph! Which I find works really well for me. I was on a 450lb spring and I felt like I bottomed out more often! 450 put me closer to 30% sag! I think the sag meter on the frame works well! But it does kinda feel a little stiff off the top when your just pressing on the seat etc..

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 7:50 Quote
Beer Just ma 2 cents.

If you want a plush sender (M size frame) setup. And weigh around 11-12 stone (70-80KG) -- Typical rider weight with gear) get yourself a 300 - 350lb coil. That will give you 30 - 35% sag.

If you want to resist bottom out (You do lots of drops/jumps) get a 400lb coil, That will give you 20-25% sag.

Likewise if you are a heavier rider then scale up accordingly. 450 - 500lb for L and 500-550 for XL

Of course there is some personal preference, but from sheer weight to springrate. That's the typical sag's.

Also note that not all coil's are equal and may be slightly softer or firmer anything from 15lb or more difference than advertised. (350lb might be closer to 375lb etc)

You won't get much plush from just pushing the seat down because it uses bushes and not bearings. It's not a lot more friction but there is a difference. In the same way air fork seals require a little bit more force to get it moving compared to coil. Beer

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
Cwall1 wrote:
Mbag85 wrote:
Cwall1 wrote:

Phew!

I do line up the sag meter. It puts me right at 25% sag on my shock graph! Which I find works really well for me. I was on a 450lb spring and I felt like I bottomed out more often! 450 put me closer to 30% sag! I think the sag meter on the frame works well! But it does kinda feel a little stiff off the top when your just pressing on the seat etc..

I'm 100kg on a 550lbs and with 1.5 preload I'm at 28% dead on. I've asked canyon about the sag markers and they are useless and say go 30 to 35% on rear..

It's super plush for me but I bottom out easy on drops.

Maybe a 600lbs is worth a try and get that marker lined up?

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
Very confused That's what i find odd about canyons recommended sag. For example a medium size frame for your typical rider is in that 20%. But in reality everyone knows 30% or more sag FEELS better and has more traction etc. But for the L size frame it's 30% recommended. (According to the sag indicator printed on the chainstay)

I mean technically the "correct sag" is dependent on it's use case. I just find it weird that for the average size/weight rider who buy's the M frame they give you a coil that is basically too firm (400lb), They should really ship it with a 300 or 350lb.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 23:46 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Very confused That's what i find odd about canyons recommended sag. For example a medium size frame for your typical rider is in that 20%. But in reality everyone knows 30% or more sag FEELS better and has more traction etc. But for the L size frame it's 30% recommended. (According to the sag indicator printed on the chainstay)

I mean technically the "correct sag" is dependent on it's use case. I just find it weird that for the average size/weight rider who buy's the M frame they give you a coil that is basically too firm (400lb), They should really ship it with a 300 or 350lb.

I've order a 600lbs , see how I get on with it. 550lbs bottoms out on big hits, like clunk noise

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
bigquotesI've order a 600lbs , see how I get on with it. 550lbs bottoms out on big hits, like clunk noise

Very confused So i assume you are on an XL frame if it came shipped with a 550lb coil ?. What did the 550lb coil sag read on the on the shock itself when sitting on the bike and how far apart are the sag lines on the chain stay ?

On an M size frame it come's with a 400lb coil, 20% sag on the shock = sag indicator lines, line-up together.
For me that's just about right if you want to prevent bottoming out (I typically use about 70-80% of the travel but have bottomed it out a few times), but it's not good for a plush feel (This may be down to the linkage design rather than the shock itself). Eek

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 2:00 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
bigquotesI've order a 600lbs , see how I get on with it. 550lbs bottoms out on big hits, like clunk noise

Very confused So i assume you are on an XL frame if it came shipped with a 550lb coil ?. What did the 550lb coil sag read on the on the shock itself when sitting on the bike and how far apart are the sag lines on the chain stay ?

On an M size frame it come's with a 400lb coil, 20% sag on the shock = sag indicator lines, line-up together.
For me that's just about right if you want to prevent bottoming out (I typically use about 70-80% of the travel but have bottomed it out a few times), but it's not good for a plush feel (This may be down to the linkage design rather than the shock itself). Eek

It's a large frame 21 al6 and the sag marker lined up reads 20% on shock stroke. I fit a 550lbs and got 28% sag but bottoms out too often on drops and big jumps. I'll fit the 600lbs and give it an extra pretension to get closer to the 20% and see if that helps.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 6:19 Quote
Yo,

Anyone knows, does the x2 fits to the new sender frame? Worried about the clearence etc…

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016831
Mobile Version of Website