Canyon Sender Forum

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Sender Forum
Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
Trying to find a bike transport bag for my 2019 AL sender XL…. all the bags I’ve been looking at seem a bit short… what are people using to fit a XL in securely. Cheers.

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 14:08 Quote
Greg078 wrote:
Trying to find a bike transport bag for my 2019 AL sender XL…. all the bags I’ve been looking at seem a bit short… what are people using to fit a XL in securely. Cheers.

Mine is only a medium to be fair but when I travel with it I have to fully strip the bike down as I’ve got a hard shell case, probably a little paranoid but it keeps it all safe.

Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 1:08 Quote
photo

testing the idea of a 29/27 sender with the front wheel of my spectral, checking the geo and if it fits on the fox 40

Ive got a dtswiss 240 dh hib laying around so i might get into the mullet world real soon

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 12:17 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
photo

testing the idea of a 29/27 sender with the front wheel of my spectral, checking the geo and if it fits on the fox 40

Ive got a dtswiss 240 dh hib laying around so i might get into the mullet world real soon

You had clearance to fit a 29 in a 27 fox 40?

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 0:25 Quote
thats what i needed to check, with a michelin dh34 pumped normally, there is about 2cm of clearance and I checked also at full bottom out. I guess I could keep a 27.5 wheel for muddy days

O+
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
Hello,

I'm just getting into dh riding and looking at buying a second hand sender and just starting to do my research.
I'm looking at a couple of different options a 2020 AL 6 with coil rear shock and hope tech 3 brakes which looks reasonable or slightly cheaper a 2019 cf7 with a rear air shock.

Bit of a wide ranging questions but are there any year/models that I should avoid or conversely look for. It looks like the 2018/2019 versions come with airshock and coil not recommended, or have I got that wrong? Is a coil rear shock a factor for an intro level rider?

Is the weight penalty for aluminium compared with carbon fibre an issue for downhill bikes, especially at the intro level?

Any advice as to what to look for or possibly avoid would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
Donttellempike wrote:
Hello,

I'm just getting into dh riding and looking at buying a second hand sender and just starting to do my research.
I'm looking at a couple of different options a 2020 AL 6 with coil rear shock and hope tech 3 brakes which looks reasonable or slightly cheaper a 2019 cf7 with a rear air shock.

Bit of a wide ranging questions but are there any year/models that I should avoid or conversely look for. It looks like the 2018/2019 versions come with airshock and coil not recommended, or have I got that wrong? Is a coil rear shock a factor for an intro level rider?

Is the weight penalty for aluminium compared with carbon fibre an issue for downhill bikes, especially at the intro level?

Any advice as to what to look for or possibly avoid would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Go with the Aluminum especially if its second hand. You can run a coil on that version of the sender, pretty sure they specced a coil on some of the AL senders in the 2019 range. Good news is if you find yourself wanting to switch to air, typically second hand take off DH air shocks are very easy to come by (reasonably priced) on pinkbike Imho.

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 12:24 Quote
Anyone on here with a 2021 Sender CFR happen to know the Rock Shox super deluxe rear shock tune or have a serial number we can enter in here(https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/search/) and see if we can find out.

Posted: Jun 6, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
Hi Gavin,

Thank you for your email.

The correct size for your bike would be 22.2 x 8mm.

If you have any further questions please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Hugh
Service Centre

Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd
Unit 72, Barwell Business Park,
Leatherhead Road,
Chessington,
KT9 2NY

O+
Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 19:13 Quote
nicoSB wrote:
photo

How is this working out for you? I’m toying with the idea of mulleting my 19 Sender.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 5:42 Quote
schwaaa31 wrote:
nicoSB wrote:
photo

How is this working out for you? I’m toying with the idea of mulleting my 19 Sender.

Actually it was only a fit/clearance test, might pull the trigger on a 29er rim soon but for now the full 27 ripps

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
Anyone know what standard the chain guide is on a 2016 sender.

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:00 Quote
i was thinking of doing the mullet setup for my AL sender for a while, but i knew that with a fat 29 Dh tire the clearance would be to little, i finally borrowed a 29 dh wheel with an assegay tire and test fitted the wheel in my fox 40.... minimal tire rub on a new assegai. I think with a DHR 2 tire you would get away with it.. but i want to use my favorite assegays in the front, so i did something maybe a little unconvential.

photo

photo

photo

plenty of clearance now Smile

i ordered a new 190mm airshaft to try and preserve the geometry as good as possible, i think if i can get the fork low enough i will only raise the front by 10 mm

going on a 2 week bike trip to the alps this month so will have plenty of time to test and compare to the 27.5 wheel Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
photo

this is the best picture i got before the modification btw. not safe to run the 27.5 fox ( pre 2020) with an assegai 29.

possibly the new round style arch fox 40 27.5 may have more clearance.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 2:22 Quote
hello !

does all Senders (2019-2020) CF9.0 27.5" have 240x75 shock ?

Did anyone tried Coil shock on CF Sender? does it work well ?
can I mount 241x76 (previous - (imperial?) shock ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019176
Mobile Version of Website