Scott Gambler 2016/2015 used rentals

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Scott Gambler 2016/2015 used rentals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 1, 2016 at 12:00 Quote
Hey Gang

I have been seeing some deals come up for scott gamblers 720's 2016/2015s they have all been rental bikes. I am looking for one as my first DH bike. would buying a rental bike be a huge mistake?

Bill

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
If the price is right not even a small mistake .....

Posted: Sep 2, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
lycokayaker wrote:
2k ? reasonable?

What's the spec ? also check it out in person for condition. If you can't properly look over the bike and find out everything that's wrong/worn out, bring someone who can. It's a big purchase and you don't want to drop 2k on a bike without knowing everything about it. Best of luck

Posted: Sep 3, 2016 at 12:48 Quote
its a 720 build out so whatever the specs are from the factory... Its kinda sight unseen its listed on the for sale side of the forum

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
I just bought a 2015 Gambler 720 for my son. It was a rental and it was pretty well used. It was from Northstar Ski resort and I know first hand that those bikes get a lot of wear and tear. They claim this bike was only ridden for one season but I am not sure I believe. They had to upgrade the fork from the original spec because the internals broke at some point so I got the upgraded compression and rebound selectors. The frame has one dent on the bottom that is not bad at all and any other damage is purely cosmetic. They were asking $1599.00 and I got it for $1300.00 OTD. I just stripped it down and will be getting it powder coated soon. Hopefully this helps you with how much might want to pay.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011812
Mobile Version of Website