Post em up, favorite old school bikes & parts. Yours or in your dreams

PB Forum :: Vintage and Fixed Gear Bikes
Post em up, favorite old school bikes & parts. Yours or in your dreams
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 21:39 Quote
Like the title says, post a pic of your favorite bikes or rad bike parts, you can own it or want it. Any reasons show us some pics & if you want tell us why!

Bianchi Megatube XC
  Bianchi Megatube XC

The one old bike that still makes me want to ride is an old Bianchi. It's squirley, flexes side to side like crazy but still feels just right on the trails. Have it built up with whatever fit the awesome/affordable rule and here she is, pic sucks though, sorry about the random pump for the inflatable mattress.

Posted: Sep 6, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
And just to start off the parts portion...
photo
I'm still dreaming of finding this fork and putting it on an old GT STS or LTS, the comination, although slightly out of date makes for an amazing bike. Totally awesome!

Posted: Nov 14, 2016 at 15:49 Quote
1999 purple rocky mountain pipeline Smile

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 at 21:21 Quote
Cunningham, Potts, Wilderness Trail Bikes, Ritchey, Ibis, Salsa, heck any N. Ca. stuff from the 80's.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
1996 Trek OCLV Pro Issue, one of the first carbon hardtail production mountain bikes with 2" travel fork. Think Trek sponsored Travis Brown with his sideburns in the mid-1990's, nicknamed "Rocket Boy". 26" wheels with Tioga John Tomac tires. Nothing screams retro as much as a 135mm stem with 25.4mm bar diameter and 560mm wide bars with bar ends. As cool as it was back in the day... it rides awful compared to my 100mm full suspension rig. I ride it very rarely to remind myself how nice technological advancements are!
photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010316
Mobile Version of Website