Maxxis 2.5 DHF 3c maxxgripp DH casing tubeless?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Maxxis 2.5 DHF 3c maxxgripp DH casing tubeless?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 17:41 Quote
Need some help, and yes i did search before i posted this lol, i recently bought a maxxis dhf 3c maxxgrip dh casing front tire for my Nomad on my i9 enduro rims, from what i was told from my lbs these tires cant be set up tubeless? the sealant will destroy the tire? is that true? I noticed a lot of pros are running the same tires on there down hill rig, does that mean they are running inner tubes? thank in advanced

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 1:29 Quote
Total bullcrap.
Sealant will not destroy the tire.
The only thing you have to expect is a little more sealant coming out of the sidewalls of your tires over time in contrast to normal tubeless ready tires. Maybe that´s why your lbs thought it "destroys" tires.
I have mine setup like that for a few months now. No destroyed tires. Working like a charm.

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 6:37 Quote
It just slowly leaks air and stans through the sidewall. Throw some glitter in it and it doesn't leak as much. Running non tubeless shorty and dhr and I just add in a psi or two every couple days, and stans every 3 months

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
Loki87 wrote:
Total bullcrap.
Sealant will not destroy the tire.
The only thing you have to expect is a little more sealant coming out of the sidewalls of your tires over time in contrast to normal tubeless ready tires. Maybe that´s why your lbs thought it "destroys" tires.
I have mine setup like that for a few months now. No destroyed tires. Working like a charm.

I figured, it did sound like total bs! lol thanks for the help

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
It just slowly leaks air and stans through the sidewall. Throw some glitter in it and it doesn't leak as much. Running non tubeless shorty and dhr and I just add in a psi or two every couple days, and stans every 3 months

Got it! thanks for the help

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 12:39 Quote
Is the glitter for when you accidentally roll a tire, or have a blow out it makes a pretty show to make you less sad? Big Grin

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 13:18 Quote
I have run that tire tubeless .. no weeping / leaking through the sidewall.

Its just not rated as TR ready, so the bead diameter is held to the same standard... although mine was a super tight fit on a set of stans rims, and I likely could have set the bead without sealant.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009651
Mobile Version of Website