Troy lower downtube protection

PB Forum :: Devinci
Troy lower downtube protection
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2016 at 18:55 Quote
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations to protect the lower downtube/bottom bracket area. It looks pretty exposed to me and likely to take some damage, not sure why devinci don't fit some kind of Guard.
thanks for help

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
Will-1984 wrote:
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations to protect the lower downtube/bottom bracket area. It looks pretty exposed to me and likely to take some damage, not sure why devinci don't fit some kind of Guard.
thanks for help

You should have one with your bike. Ask your dealer. Its a complete protective rubber set for downtube seatstays and chainstays. Even heel area is protected.

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 18:30 Quote
Interesting, I got the parts for the chainstays but nothing else. I'll ask them. I ordered some lizard skins clear frame protection so hopefully that will help. I was thinking of getting a carbon guard from rockguards, they look like they'd offer a good amount of protection to the most vulnerable area of the bike.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2016 at 21:31 Quote
My 2016 Troy only came with a little bit for the chainstay. Nothing at all for the downtube and leading under the BB. I ordered some 2" wide .065" thick mastic tape that I applied to try and keep chips at bay. Good luck, if anyone has pictures of the protection supposedly provided by Devinci could you please post up a couple photos?

Nathan

Posted: Sep 24, 2016 at 18:26 Quote
I will send you the part number.

Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
Part number for Troy Carbon protector

MACP16008

J

O+
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 6:21 Quote
I didn't get one of those with my 2016 Troy carbon either. I have used thick mastic tape instead. But I'm interested to know exactly what this protector looks like, and if it might work better than the mastic tape. The mastic tape is pretty soft and definitely protects from scratches and gouges, but doesn't offer much in the way of impact protection from rocks and debris flying up. Do you have any pics?

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 8:05 Quote
there is no protection that devinci provides specific for "downtube', that's what they state: "There isn’t anything we really recommend. Something stick to the frame could damage the clear coat once you peel it off." Hey, they make killer bikes to be ridden hard.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 11:41 Quote
mnowickipl wrote:
there is no protection that devinci provides specific for "downtube', that's what they state: "There isn’t anything we really recommend. Something stick to the frame could damage the clear coat once you peel it off." Hey, they make killer bikes to be ridden hard.

They're right. I did stick a bike protection skin on my troy carbon. And when I removed it a nice piece of clear came with it. So be careful guys...

O+
Posted: Jul 17, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Well that's disappointing about stick on solutions causing clear coat to peel off Blank Stare

I'm in Phoenix and sharp rocks are a normal part of riding the trails around here, and I was really hoping there would be a way to protect the downtube on my new to me 2015 Troy carbon.

Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

O+
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 17:20 Quote
This is absurd that every other carbon bike maker provides down tube and chain stay protection.

Davinci provided a few pieces of generic peel and stick foam rubber that peels off quickly under use leaving only a non-protective sticky residue behind. I have a 2017 Troy carbon, it has been a good bike but it is my last Davinici bike for this reason alone. There are plenty of good options out there you don't need to settle for this non-sense.

In the meantime I have resorted to protecting my downtube and chainstay with pieces of old tire. It looks like a bike park solution and I only ride trails. But it does the job. I would hear rocks bounce off it every ride before adding the tire, now its quietly deflecting them away.

O+
Posted: May 28, 2019 at 10:25 Quote
The newest Devinci models (Troy and Spartan) both come with plastic downtube protection. I would imagine the updated Django when it's released will be the same.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 15:50 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
The newest Devinci models (Troy and Spartan) both come with plastic downtube protection. I would imagine the updated Django when it's released will be the same.

Mine only came with chainstay protection. Emailing devinci about it. It's been a week no reply.

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 18:46 Quote
What bike do you have? Give them a bit to reply, I bet most of them are out at crankworx.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
What bike do you have? Give them a bit to reply, I bet most of them are out at crankworx.

They got back to me. For alloy troy there is no option.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011581
Mobile Version of Website