29ER Wheelset

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 10:12 Quote
Hello fellow pinkbike friends. I ride a 2015 Salsa Horsethief with the sram roam 40 wheels. I recently destroyed my rear rim. I wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on an affordable 29er wheelsets under $700. I am a aggressive rider. I race mainly Enduro. Can you help me?

Thanks,
Abe

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
Stans Arch or Flow

Posted: Sep 22, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
Thank you, I am leaning towards the stan's wheels.

Mod Plus
Posted: Sep 26, 2016 at 17:48 Quote
I've been thrashing around on a set of Stan's new Flow MK3 wheelset for the last few months and haven't had any issues. They're nice and wide, with a 29mm internal width, weigh in at a very reasonable 1870 grams, and are extremely easy to set up tubeless. Plus, at $679 USD they fall within your budget. If it were me, I'd be tempted to go the custom route, and build up a pair of Flow MK3 rims around a set of DT Swiss hubs. Stan's Neo hubs haven't given me any trouble, but I'm an even bigger fan of how easy it is to swap out the star ratchet in a set of DT Swiss' hubs. A spare star ratchet can easily be tossed into a pack, which means that in the unlikely event your hub stopped engaging it'd only take a matter of minutes to fix it and be back on the trail.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015604
Mobile Version of Website