2017 Firebird

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
2017 Firebird
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
Curious, the guys 6'2 plus guys how is the XL on the steep tech trails? Does it feel to large? Also jumping and throwing the bike around? Whips and jibbing. I'm in the market for a firebird but the shop only had a large at a great price. Rode it around during the streets but nothing to crazy. Felt okay but wanted to at least peddle a XL around ..kinda lost on which size..any feedback helps, cheers!

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 2:13 Quote
I'm 6'2" on an XL, 50mm stem. Yeah it's a bit of a bus on the really steep tight stuff. It starts to feel too big on tight switchbacks where the trail low speed cuts back on itself. Jumps are very stable. I think the bike is nice to move around in the air, has a reassuring weight to it. I had a shorter stem for a while and preferred that. I've not been tempted on a large, the XL works for me in 95% scenarios.

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 22:27 Quote
Thanks for the response!

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 22:40 Quote
Has anyone had problems upgrading the rear shock of the new Trail 429?
I bought the Trail 429 race xt model because that's what I could afford at the time with the intention of upgrading parts down the road as I could afford them.
I've been trying to upgrade the rear shock which is the Fox Float DPS to a DPX2. Fox says not available for the Trail Pivot and no time table in the near future. Pivot says they can't sell to the general public and only goes out with there packaged bikes.
So No way of upgrading shock unless you find a used take off or a bike shop swap.
Very disappointed in the way Pivot and Fox.
Your forced to buy a package at point of sell and if you can't afford the upgraded package at the time your pretty much screwed.
Almost all other top brands you can find upgrades for? Probably would have taken this into consideration had I known it was gonna be so difficult to find parts. This supposably is Pivots top selling bike with the least support?
Any body having similar problems?

Posted: Feb 8, 2019 at 6:04 Quote
Anyone fit a bottle cage on the inside of their fb frame? if so, which and with what size bottle?

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 14:09 Quote
Someone did in the mtbr pivot forums. Look on the last pages of 2017 Firebird thread

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020319
Mobile Version of Website