DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 20:29 Quote
Well don’t pass judgement until you call HQ. I would be willing to bet that they meet or exceed your expectations and you end up with a bad ass fork you’re very happy with. As someone who has owned 2 diamonds, a Sapphire and 2 topaz over the years, I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about any of the products or the DVO crew who I have interacted with through the years. It sucks to get a lemon but every company that makes anything puts out a few now and then. It’s the way they deal with it that sets them apart.

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
Send me a message

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 4:47 Quote
harperrider wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
harperrider wrote:

Problem is, it was a brand new fork from someone else’s build kit. New in box, but I’m not the original owner so no receipt.

I had a fox rear shock blow up day one, one mile into a ride on a bran new bike. Shit like this happens with every brand in this industry and every industry probably.
Part of the gamble you take buying a takeoff is you typically don’t get warranty service. Specialized Roval wheels started offering 2 year warranty from date of purchase regardless of how many times they have been bought or sold, which is pretty badass imo. Wish more companies did the same but it is what it is, I’m sure you knew what you were getting into. Regardless, hope you get it sorted it’s a great fork.

I was aware of not getting warranty because I wasn’t technically the original owner, but literally imploding after 2 months use is really bad. If it had been used, I wouldn’t have been so upset about it, but it was brand f*cking new. This has left a poor opinion on DVO’s quality to me. And it’s too bad, because it rode really great up until it didn’t.

I don’t think you are going to change anyone’s opinion of DVO quality in this thread that is chocked full of compliments on customer service and product reviews. It also probably does not help to publicly bash their quality on a forum before seeing if they are willing to help you out first.
I would be curious to see picture of how a CSU and damper go bad at the same time though.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 5:55 Quote
I’m not bashing DVO. I’m just saying that for my first experience with one of their products, it hasn’t lived up to my expectations that everyone else has had with theirs. I would feel the same way about Fox or Rockshox if I experienced the same thing. The ride of the fork was great before this happened.

Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 6:32 Quote
harperrider wrote:
I’m not bashing DVO. I’m just saying that for my first experience with one of their products, it hasn’t lived up to my expectations that everyone else has had with theirs. I would feel the same way about Fox or Rockshox if I experienced the same thing. The ride of the fork was great before this happened.
Did your fork come off a Giant? Maybe it caught Giantitus? Lol jokes alittle bike sledging never hurt anyone haha

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
harperrider wrote:

Everything fails, even the good stuff. It sounds like you've been exceedingly unlucky - I'd recommend getting in touch with DVO and seeing how that goes.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
harperrider wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:
harperrider wrote:

Problem is, it was a brand new fork from someone else’s build kit. New in box, but I’m not the original owner so no receipt.

I had a fox rear shock blow up day one, one mile into a ride on a bran new bike. Shit like this happens with every brand in this industry and every industry probably.
Part of the gamble you take buying a takeoff is you typically don’t get warranty service. Specialized Roval wheels started offering 2 year warranty from date of purchase regardless of how many times they have been bought or sold, which is pretty badass imo. Wish more companies did the same but it is what it is, I’m sure you knew what you were getting into. Regardless, hope you get it sorted it’s a great fork.

I was aware of not getting warranty because I wasn’t technically the original owner, but literally imploding after 2 months use is really bad. If it had been used, I wouldn’t have been so upset about it, but it was brand f*cking new. This has left a poor opinion on DVO’s quality to me. And it’s too bad, because it rode really great up until it didn’t.

To be fair tho- u sound a reet c*ntbucket

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:31 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
harperrider wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

To be fair tho- u sound a reet c*ntbucket

Since I don’t know you, your opinion means nothing to me. If you want to PM me we could have a discussion on your feelings. Maybe I could teach you how to spell and form a proper sentence as well.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:38 Quote
English does not come as fluent than that lmao interweb punk

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
Ok guys im in talks with him to try and get his suspension sorted out.

Posted: Jun 15, 2019 at 18:07 Quote
finalgear wrote:
Ok guys im in talks with him to try and get his suspension sorted out.

And I greatly appreciate you trying to help me out with this.

Posted: Jun 16, 2019 at 6:41 Quote
Coolio = DVO all over :-)

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:40 Quote
Hi guys, I am sure this has been asked before.... But what is the max size tyre and rim combo you have been able to run with a std dvo diamond 160mm 650b fork.

My Dartmoor hornet can supposedly go to a 2'8 inch width tyre, so wanting to see how wide I can go on the front and match it on the rear tyre.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
It is narrower than stated with integrated mudguard fitted. ;-(

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 5:04 Quote
Has anyone had issues with the Garnet post binding?

I just installed a brand new one tonight, (CRC sourced) in a brand new steel frame, freshly reamed. It's binding extremely badly in the first 50mm from top, to the point it takes a foot on pedal and a huge pull to get back up. That's with the seat clamp at 3nm, the lever tension correct and nothing weird going on (about 50mm of post inserted over minimum.

It feels very mechanical, like something is obstructing it or not aligned.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018989
Mobile Version of Website