DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
heinous wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the Garnet post binding?

I just installed a brand new one tonight, (CRC sourced) in a brand new steel frame, freshly reamed. It's binding extremely badly in the first 50mm from top, to the point it takes a foot on pedal and a huge pull to get back up. That's with the seat clamp at 3nm, the lever tension correct and nothing weird going on (about 50mm of post inserted over minimum.

It feels very mechanical, like something is obstructing it or not aligned.

What’s your psi at?

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
Towards the top of range, 225 I think. I also tried it with no air, same thing.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 0:09 Quote
There's a pretty long backstory to how DVO came to be on this bike, but all that really matters is that it feels awesome and finalgear and DVO's service went so far above and beyond I can't say enough good things about them. I'm looking forward to dialling the Sapphire tomorrow.

BTR

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 5:02 Quote
that bike looks great!

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 5:09 Quote
Hi all I’ve just purchased a set of fox 40 to replace my emeralds, I haven’t removed them just yet, but are all emeralds tapered steerer? Thanks

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 6:06 Quote
The steerer is tapered 28.6mm to 40mm tup

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Bromaphobe wrote:
The steerer is tapered 28.6mm to 40mm tup

Thanks, would have checked but have been on a course all day

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:56 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Hi all I’ve just purchased a set of fox 40 to replace my emeralds, I haven’t removed them just yet, but are all emeralds tapered steerer? Thanks

Off with his head

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Wait he will be back once he sees how crappy the 40 is.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
finalgear wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:

Off with his head

Haha I know, I’ve still got the jade shock that counts doesn’t it, was tempted with the oynx but got a deal on the 40’s

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
heinous wrote:
There's a pretty long backstory to how DVO came to be on this bike, but all that really matters is that it feels awesome and finalgear and DVO's service went so far above and beyond I can't say enough good things about them. I'm looking forward to dialling the Sapphire tomorrow.

BTR

What’s your thoughts on the Forekaster?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
finalgear wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:

Off with his head

Haha I know, I’ve still got the jade shock that counts doesn’t it, was tempted with the oynx but got a deal on the 40’s
And you would of gotten a deal on the onyx dc Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012045
Mobile Version of Website