DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
@Finalgear Is the Sapphire 34 29 fork available in 51mm offset?

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
heinous wrote:
There's a pretty long backstory to how DVO came to be on this bike, but all that really matters is that it feels awesome and finalgear and DVO's service went so far above and beyond I can't say enough good things about them. I'm looking forward to dialling the Sapphire tomorrow.

BTR

What’s your thoughts on the Forekaster?

I wasn’t going to run one, but a friend who works for Maxxis kept telling me to. I’m really impressed, it seems super grippy, rolls fast and holds up drifting fast in mud. The 2.35” casing is nice for a fraction more comfort.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
661lee wrote:
@Finalgear Is the Sapphire 34 29 fork available in 51mm offset?

Yeah we have a few in stock.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
So, after a few rides on the Sapphire34, I wanted to share my feels. It's on the singlespeed BTR above, and where I ride is equal parts clay, roots, red dirt and rocks in trees. It's winter, so pretty slippery right now. My only wish is a high volume integrated mud guard - without the scallop - so I could run a 2.4 or larger, or have a little better clearance with the 2.3 DHF I have up front now.

Basically, I'm been blown away. The sensitivity of the OTT has really surprised me, it's a massive benefit on a singlespeed where maintaining momentum climbing is important. I've been able to take wider lines and roll over rocks etc without the front stalling or deflecting. The low speed adjustment is easy to access and has nice, usable detents.

Descending, even bigger trails where I normally take my 165mm bike, it holds it's own. I'm running it at 120mm and the mid and end stroke are seamless.

Compared to the Helm air, 34, 36's and Reba's that I know well, the Sapphire seems more sensitive, easier to set up and better all round.

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 0:50 Quote
Likewise & thanks for confirming regarding forekaster :-)

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 10:57 Quote
4th of july sale guys Any 27.5" fork model is 27.5% off for a limited time!

Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
Damn only 26” & 29” forks for me unless a 26” jump 100mm suss fork can be made for me!?

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 21:20 Quote
With great respect for you lot, “heinous” suggested I inquire here, possibly directed toward Bryson & co. ...
Is [2008 and later] Marzocchi [bomber] 55 tst2’s 20mm QR thru-axle totally proprietary, or is there maybe a [safe] work-around or substitute? I know that a Fox Talas 20mm TA isn’t long enough to grip the Marz 55’s threads.
My newly acquired & serviced ‘08 Haro Extreme x6 is ride-ready, at least at my noob level, EXCEPT that it’s missing that front axle.
Cheers !!
P.S. I have conversed with [extremely helpful] MarzMark. Checking for a more practical option.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 7:09 Quote
HardLite maybe able to help :/ ?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:41 Quote
When adjusting air pressure on my jade I notice that it is consistently reading about 30 psi less than what I have set it at. Why would this be?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
When you hook up your shock pump you have to re pressurize the pump itself which comes from the aircan, hence the drop. This drop is less on air forks because they have more volume.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 15:10 Quote
There’s a vid on ytube bout pump repressurising.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 15:11 Quote
heinous wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
heinous wrote:
There's a pretty long backstory to how DVO came to be on this bike, but all that really matters is that it feels awesome and finalgear and DVO's service went so far above and beyond I can't say enough good things about them. I'm looking forward to dialling the Sapphire tomorrow.

BTR

What’s your thoughts on the Forekaster?

I wasn’t going to run one, but a friend who works for Maxxis kept telling me to. I’m really impressed, it seems super grippy, rolls fast and holds up drifting fast in mud. The 2.35” casing is nice for a fraction more comfort.

How you getting on with that drop dead gorge of a BTR?

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 at 20:39 Quote
Digging it. Pretty much all the details and little judgement calls when designing the geo seem to have paid off. I've swapped in a black saddle and had lined up a Ti riser until the seller realised he'd cut it to 700mm. I'll possibly swap the bar.

Need to get some good pics and see if it's worthy of the Sexiest AM HT thread...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019038
Mobile Version of Website