DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 13:51 Quote
Has anyone had issues with the diamond fork having excessive bushing play? My 6 month old diamond feels like getting stuck from time to time. When pedaling along in a seated position the fork doesn’t really respond to me pushing on the bar. Only if I push down hard its start moving again.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 14:24 Quote
Have you tried putting a small zip tie between seal and stanchion to release any pressure in lowers, and checked seals are lubricated?

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
heinous wrote:
Have you tried putting a small zip tie between seal and stanchion to release any pressure in lowers, and checked seals are lubricated?
Yes did the first and performed a service for the lowers.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 15:49 Quote
Cybernation wrote:
Has anyone had issues with the diamond fork having excessive bushing play? My 6 month old diamond feels like getting stuck from time to time. When pedaling along in a seated position the fork doesn’t really respond to me pushing on the bar. Only if I push down hard its start moving again.

My old diamond became pretty sticky in the first inch of travel, I had a hard time even setting sag because of this. Fresh oil, seals and she was feeling new again. Make sure you are not using rock shox oil or any of the others with seal swellers added in, that will cause an issue.

Posted: Jan 4, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
Cybernation wrote:
Ha, I have the same issue with my Emerald (I'm not too bothered as it happens only on the flat section between the chairlift and the gate).

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Cybernation wrote:

My old diamond became pretty sticky in the first inch of travel, I had a hard time even setting sag because of this. Fresh oil, seals and she was feeling new again. Make sure you are not using rock shox oil or any of the others with seal swellers added in, that will cause an issue.
Like I said, only been riding the fork since the summer and I have performed one service and I used oil with the recommended WT.

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 4:29 Quote
It does depend which oil you use though as well

What type exactly ?

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
It does depend which oil you use though as well

What type exactly ?
The manufacturer is R.S.P
But since it occurred even before I did the service it doesn’t really matter does it?

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 10:23 Quote
Something to do with synthetic or something chemical foaming that can cause internaland seal damage i guess over a bit of time... :/

Posted: Jan 5, 2020 at 15:18 Quote
We approve golden spectro or belray.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 2:58 Quote
Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone tried to put 27.5 wheel on 26 inch Emerald. Is it enough clearance between tyre and CTA?

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 4:08 Quote
Any update on the jade X coming to the UK?

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 at 10:37 Quote
Is the Beryl still being made? wanting to get my hands on one...

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:23 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Is the Beryl still being made? wanting to get my hands on one...

Yes we still have them, send me a message lets see if i can get you sorted out.

Posted: Jan 14, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
nikita272 wrote:
Hi guys
Just wondering if anyone tried to put 27.5 wheel on 26 inch Emerald. Is it enough clearance between tyre and CTA?
You will need a new cta as the clearance will be super tight

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005479
Mobile Version of Website