DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Feb 4, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
cgarai wrote:
My understanding of OTT is that it should make the fork more supple on small bumps and rough roads. I don't feel a change.

One thing that is not obvious without careful reading is that the OTT setting is full rotations and not "clicks" with the Diamond. Once I realized that I cranked the OTT all the way down and noticed a big difference in the pressure required to get the fork moving.

Posted: Feb 5, 2020 at 2:18 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
in order to adjust OTT deflate all air out of the legs

This Smile

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
Recently bought a Patrol with a Diamond Boost D1 (set to 170mm) and being only about 55kg, I put it at 90psi, as per the chart, and gave it two full rotations of the OTT, and it sags correctly, but it also seems to be sagging under its own weight for some reason, meaning I’m only getting about 165 of the total 170mm of travel (if I put it at 110psi it’s fine, but obviously that’s too firm for me), and was wondering if this is normal, as I doubt it could be anything to do with the OTT, having deflated the fork before adjusting it. That being said, I didn’t fully compress the fork when deflating it, although I’d assume this wasn’t necessary, as I’m pretty sure it was fully deflated

Any help would be much appreciated

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 10:09 Quote
That's normal, front and rear suspension if very supple off the top will sit into its travel as it should.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 12:43 Quote
Again..

shwinn8 wrote:
in order to adjust OTT deflate all air out of the legs

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
I have the same problem. 75kgs kitted up. I was getting about 140-150mm travel out of 170mm at the recommended settings. I was planning a rebuild to see if I could sort it but I've not been riding so I've put it off. I found a lot of extra pressure plus max OTT fixed it, as well as feeling amazing. Going by the chart I'm supposed to have 110-125 psi but I think I have been running at least 140.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 12:54 Quote
getting "slightly less travel" is normal. it's called SAG, or your a one shim short for 170 ... Jamie, shim stacks are needed to change travel

https://youtu.be/Gl8UoxpEzfk

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:02 Quote
I’m contemplating getting a high volume (non scalloped) mud guard made for my Sapphire 34. The scallop means there’s no way to run much over 2.35” up front which isn’t really working out.

Anyone else experimented with this?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:15 Quote
Nope, it's a 170 fork and I need 170 travel. The recommended air pressure was not enough to keep the fork extended, with the recommended OTT.

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Nope, it's a 170 fork and I need 170 travel. The recommended air pressure was not enough to keep the fork extended, with the recommended OTT.

are you getting 140-150mm static or when you're on the bike?

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:30 Quote
shwinn8 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:

are you getting 140-150mm static or when you're on the bike?
Static

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
I reckon go back to fork, decrease all air and compress all the way as far as it will compress

Then turn OTT accordingly and then to pump up to recommended pressure

After that, go for quick ride around block if still experiencing this issue, fire off a message to Final on this topic

:-)

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 at 13:35 Quote
.what Titan said. 20 to 30mm is pretty significant, if it doesn't work the internals are not set up for 170.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
Ok first off for some strange reason i stopped getting notifications from this thread, secondly shoot me a message @jamieridesbikes and third and final thing im offering another sale this weekend into monday on everyhing we sell.

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
You're not the only one not receiving notifications.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012016
Mobile Version of Website