DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Will do! Still very happy with it, for the record tup

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 13:43 Quote

Took a quick pic because I rarely have both bikes out at the same time. Just got the Sapphire 34 put on the Trance. It's also got a Topaz. The Evil is running a Diamond/Jade combo. First ride with the Sapphire tomorrow. Stoked to see how well it works!

Posted: Feb 22, 2020 at 19:37 Quote
I’m loving my sapphire 34, although it’s just developed an annoying rattle in the LSC/HSC dials. Looks like the o-ring they sits under the HSC has lost its shape. Easy enough to replace.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 12:47 Quote
finalgear wrote:
Ok first off for some strange reason i stopped getting notifications from this thread, secondly shoot me a message @jamieridesbikes and third and final thing im offering another sale this weekend into monday on everyhing we sell.

Pls check your inbox as I send you a message as well

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 14:53 Quote
Anyone happen to know where could I buy DVO topaz 5mm travel spacer from europe/UK?

would need to reduce travel from 55mm stroke shock to 50mm

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 17:13 Quote
Question for anyone who's used travel reduction on the Sapphire 34. When you did the travel reduction, did it also reduce the amount of exposed stanchion and make the axle to crown shorter? The local shop who got the fork for me installed the spacer to reduce the travel from 140 to 130. The amount of stanchion exposed is still ~140mm, which they weren't sure about as well, but they assured me that they let the air out and compressed it fully and it only compressed 130mm.

I was assuming it would be like my Diamond where the amount of exposed stanchion (and axle to crown) would change. I had it at 140mm and removed a spacer and now it's 150mm exposed stanchion and 10mm longer axle to crown.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 18:25 Quote
Yes. I’m running my S34 at 120mm and A-C is reduced. Most forks don’t bottom right in the crown so it’s not surprising at 130 your stanchion is 135-140.

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 23:41 Quote
Got my Diamond on and I’m super stoked!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
heinous wrote:
Yes. I’m running my S34 at 120mm and A-C is reduced. Most forks don’t bottom right in the crown so it’s not surprising at 130 your stanchion is 135-140.

Thanks for the info. I guess I was just assuming the Sapphire at 130mm would be like my Diamond where the amount of stanchion is a few mm more than the travel it's set at rather than it still having an extra 10mm or so exposed.

Loving the fork tho. The color of the lowers really pops and matches well with the frame. DVO's online guide for rebound/compression/OTT for the pressure I'm running at is fairly spot on and I probably won't make changes. The only things I think I might change from that initial setting are maybe slightly less air pressure or slightly slower rebound.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 13:18 Quote
Seeing as you have both, is there a possibility you could see if the diamond and sapphire integrated mud guards are interchangeable? The Sapphire guard doesn’t clear a 2.5 so before I go make one I’d move to know if the diamond guard fits!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 13:41 Quote
heinous wrote:
Seeing as you have both, is there a possibility you could see if the diamond and sapphire integrated mud guards are interchangeable? The Sapphire guard doesn’t clear a 2.5 so before I go make one I’d move to know if the diamond guard fits!

Yeah I can check and see when I get home. I have a 29x2.6 WTB Vigilante on the front of my Trance and the side knobs didn't clear the Sapphire mud guard either. I assumed the Sapphire and Diamond mud guards were the same since they looked the same, but i'll compare them both more closely. My Diamond has a 27.5x2.5 WTB Vigilante on it and it clears the mudguard.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
@heinous bad news. Put the two mudguard side bolts into the Sapphire and tried to put the Diamond mudguard onto them, but the holes are too wide. Looks like the Diamond mudguard won't fit at all Frown

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:44 Quote
What year is your trance?
And what size is the topaz shock? I want to put the 200x 57 topaz on my 2016 trance but not sure if the piggyback will hit the frame.
brassmonkayy wrote:

Took a quick pic because I rarely have both bikes out at the same time. Just got the Sapphire 34 put on the Trance. It's also got a Topaz. The Evil is running a Diamond/Jade combo. First ride with the Sapphire tomorrow. Stoked to see how well it works!

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:59 Quote
It's a 2020 Trance 29 (115mm rear travel) and the shock is a trunnion 165x42.5 iirc. I had a Topaz on my old 2016 Trance 27.5. It didn't have any issues with the piggyback hitting the frame, but it was the standard Trance shock size (200x51, I think?) and not a longer stroke one.

mnms1 wrote:
What year is your trance?
And what size is the topaz shock? I want to put the 200x 57 topaz on my 2016 trance but not sure if the piggyback will hit the frame.
brassmonkayy wrote:

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 18:37 Quote
Thanks for the reply, I have been using a RS monarch plus rc3 with 57mm stroke and had no trouble.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007006
Mobile Version of Website