DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 14, 2020 at 21:04 Quote
It’s a nice combo. Rode for the first time today at the bike park. Very fun and lively, surprisingly.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 4:21 Quote
mntnmrtn wrote:
Do people here have bushing play on their DVO forks? I'm on my second Beryl D2 and this one also developped bushing play after just a few rides. Everything else is tight and I can feel the stanchions rocking in the lowers when I hold them at the seal. The left is worse than the right... Fork feels great if it was not for that play! I don't want to warranty it now and lose my fork in peak season, but it seems like it might have to go at some point.

I wonder if all the DVOs have that bushing play or if it's just the Beryl who has problems. I bought mine last summer but the CSU's serial number has ´17 stamped as the year so maybe they have perfected their tolerances since then. Anyone else has this issue? Thanks!

No unusual bushing play in my Diamond. How much play is there? There will always be some bushing play. No play at all would cause tons of friction and it would be a pretty terrible ride.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 8:27 Quote
It's hard to quantify, but I can feel it knocking (it feels like headset play). Let's say more plan than any other fork I've owned and enough to have me ask the question. The thing that's weird is that there was not as much play when new (it's got like 6-7 hours of use) and that there is more play on the non-drive side (on the drive side it seems like more "normal" play). The foot nuts and top caps are well tightened too. Anyway, I'll see how it evolves but it's not stopping me to ride for now.

Posted: Jun 15, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
Hey! Let’s start seeing some sick FOTO of our DVOs !!!!!!

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 8:29 Quote
Here ya go

160 mil Diamond D1 and a Jade X, love the combo!

photo

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
My DVO builds.... Cool

photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 13:44 Quote
My Insurgent that I sold.
photo
My current Offering, needs a JadeX. Coming soon...
photo

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 6:22 Quote
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some assistance please...

I recently bought a 205mm x 65mm DVO Jade X shock. I actually bought it with the -2.5mm spring clip (for 62.5mm stroke) as that's all that was available in the UK then ordered a -7.5mm spring clip direct from DVO in the US so that I can use it on my 205mm x 57.5mm spaced Transition Sentinel v1 (Pinot Red for the win! Big Grin ).

So I installed the shock onto my bike without a spring to check clearances and with the -7.5mm spacer, whilst there is no rear triangle contact when the bottom out bumper makes contact with the shock body, if I push down a bit harder with my body weight, the bottom out bumper compresses and the rear triangle hits the seat tube. Surely the bottom out bumper shouldn't allow this to happen!? Granted a spring will make it harder to fully compress but with a big huck...?

I've subsequently measured the stroke on the actual shock and I get 70mm, not 65mm!? With the -7.5mm spring clip I've therefore got 62.5mm stroke. What am I missing?

In the photos you see both sized spring clips and then the measurements show the stroke with;
- No spacer (70mm, should be 65mm);
- 2.5mm spacer (67.5mm, should be 62.5mm);
- 7.5mm spacer (62.5mm, should be 57.5mm).

I'm reluctant to going riding on it in case I land a big drop and have to cry my way home.

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. Sorry if this is a stupid question by the way, I haven't run a coil on my bike in years...

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
Even if the spring is fully compressed it will never hit.

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 6:50 Quote
New Decals from NLdesign.
photo

New Decals from NL design.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 6:59 Quote
But with no spring, it DOES hit?

finalgear wrote:

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
monkey-man wrote:
photo

New Decals from NL design.

Trail cat?
Cat is easily 8/10, decals look good too.

Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 16:28 Quote
jenksy wrote:

finalgear wrote:
Put your correct weight spring on there and ride it.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2020 at 23:22 Quote
I reckon you've got a bright future in customer service. Thanks

finalgear wrote:
jenksy wrote:

finalgear wrote:
Put your correct weight spring on there and ride it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021440
Mobile Version of Website