DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 13:24 Quote
Anyone know if DVO has plans to make a coil fork?

Still waiting on my Jade but I have a strong feeling coil is going to be sweet for my riding! It would be nice having a DVO coil fork to go with it.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 16:38 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
heinous wrote:
My Sapphire 34 has same issue. It's the rubber o-ring that's part of the assembly. I've not bothered yet, but it should be a 2min job to replace it.

Can't imagine mine has worn out already? Or it didn't come with it? Going to test some different o-rings today I suppose. Messaged finalgear, he said the same thing, o-ring.

The o-ring in my Sapphire seemed to stop doing it's thing after 6-9 months. It's on my singlespeed so the rattle is pretty annoying!

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 20:22 Quote
fredro wrote:
Nothing wrong with a Diamond. I loved mine. But I’m also loving my Onyx SC too.

Is that a v1 5010?

I got a topaz for mine a couple of months ago, its been pretty good but I still feel like I can't get it quite dialed in perfect. Either too firm or ends up bottoming out a lot.

Posted: Jul 9, 2020 at 22:23 Quote
Yes. V1 5010. My topaz was great on this bike!

Have you tried volume spacers?
Different PSI settings?

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 8:53 Quote
Yeah I started with 2 spacers in the positive then switched to 3. None in the negative. Ran a range of psi, felt like I couldn't quite find the right balance between good tracking over bumps and composure on big hits. I liked it most when it was softer, felt really nice over roots and rocks, but used too much travel and didn't feel that good on step downs and drops.

Always ran 170 psi in the bladder because I'm pretty light. Almost always run the switch in full open.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 8:57 Quote
Yes I always run it full open. Both my Topazes were/are running great.

DM Finalgear, or call Ronnie directly @DVO. They can help get you situated.

Good luck

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 9:11 Quote
I just chalked it up to the weird leverage curve. I'll hit them up and see if they can't get me sorted.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 9:25 Quote
wstrials wrote:
I just chalked it up to the weird leverage curve. I'll hit them up and see if they can't get me sorted.

Try 2 negative and 0 positive spacers. I was struggling with getting the bottom out resistance I needed and keeping the initial stroke a little softer. This setups been working well for me.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 11:21 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
kwapik wrote:
makkag wrote:
Any ETA on the Progressive springs for JADE X ? Im about 210/20 kitted up and have a Ripmo AF on order - been advised maybe not so good for Chunks like me - Was going to go springdex route (Thanks for the help on this) but maybe not now ?

I read somewhere that the progressive spring will be available in late September. finalgear would know more though.

Ya he told me September

I am still waiting on the Opal so don’t hold your breath.

Posted: Jul 11, 2020 at 13:57 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
kwapik wrote:

I read somewhere that the progressive spring will be available in late September. finalgear would know more though.

Ya he told me September

I am still waiting on the Opal so don’t hold your breath.

Looks like cane creek have one that fits so will give that a go when the bike arrives

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 1:00 Quote
I have done what somebody else did on this thread ,I broke my ott hexbolt as the adjuster is just spinning in bottom of fork now ,does any body know where I can purchase another from, ime I the uk ,forks need a service so will replace bolt at same time ,thanks in advance

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
Windwave are the guys you need in the U.K.
Great bunch to deal with so sure they will get you sorted

Posted: Jul 13, 2020 at 4:54 Quote
crazyknowledge wrote:
Windwave are the guys you need in the U.K.
Great bunch to deal with so sure they will get you sorted
Thanks for the advice

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
What cranks are they dude?
fredro wrote:

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007819
Mobile Version of Website