DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 10:31 Quote
I have a diamond non boost that is a little over three years old. The low speed compression knob is stuck and the CSU is creaking. It will cost about 400 canadian to fix.they have offered me a crash replacement of a new diamond for 850.

Wondering what you all have found in terms of the longevity of the non boost diamonds. Seems like this one may be nearing a point where I will be replacing everything shortly. I am worried about dumping half the price of a new fork into one with so many issues propping up.

Thoughts?

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 11:04 Quote
Does anyone have a Topaz on their Tallboy v4?

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
rahrider wrote:
I have a diamond non boost that is a little over three years old. The low speed compression knob is stuck and the CSU is creaking. It will cost about 400 canadian to fix.they have offered me a crash replacement of a new diamond for 850.

Wondering what you all have found in terms of the longevity of the non boost diamonds. Seems like this one may be nearing a point where I will be replacing everything shortly. I am worried about dumping half the price of a new fork into one with so many issues propping up.

Thoughts?

If possible I'd actually suggest moving to the new standard. That is assuming you can get caps for your wheels to make the change. otherwise, how old are the forks, and have you stayed on top of service intervals?

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 16:06 Quote
I just got the topaz t2 put on my Marin alpine trail.

Thinking about upgrading my yari to the diamond... has anyone els made the switch? How was it?

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 20:35 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
rahrider wrote:

Thoughts?

If possible I'd actually suggest moving to the new standard. That is assuming you can get caps for your wheels to make the change. otherwise, how old are the forks, and have you stayed on top of service intervals?

I've ridden it for about 3 years. Serviced it fairly regularly. I always found it rode really well after fresh service but quickly seemed to lose it's plushness. One time I had it serviced at my shop and when I got it back, it was buggered. It was sent back to the service centre by my shop and I never really found out what was done or what was wrong. I think one of their junior mechanics screwed the pooch. It seemed to work well since (except for early loss of plushness).

Why do you suggest moving to the new fork? Have there been any improvements in the last few years? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to move to an updated boost fork. MRP makes excellent boost adapters for my Chris King front wheel, so that's not an issue for me.

Posted: Feb 8, 2021 at 10:04 Quote
rahrider wrote:
noone1223 wrote:
rahrider wrote:

Thoughts?

I've ridden it for about 3 years. Serviced it fairly regularly. I always found it rode really well after fresh service but quickly seemed to lose it's plushness. One time I had it serviced at my shop and when I got it back, it was buggered. It was sent back to the service centre by my shop and I never really found out what was done or what was wrong. I think one of their junior mechanics screwed the pooch. It seemed to work well since (except for early loss of plushness).

Why do you suggest moving to the new fork? Have there been any improvements in the last few years? Don't get me wrong, I am happy to move to an updated boost fork. MRP makes excellent boost adapters for my Chris King front wheel, so that's not an issue for me.

I'd suggest the new standard as it offers more tire/mud clearance, plus a bit more stiffness, and if your hubs decide they're not long for this world, you'll have more, and readily available options (assuming the shortage is over by then, and King hubs are the gold standard, so I don't foresee that happening soon). But, it also depends on availability and how much you can spend considering the current pandemic and you shouldn't spend more than you have to.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 4:55 Quote
moya8170 wrote:
Tim-N wrote:
Does anyone know is the crown and stancion combo on the 27,5 and 29er sapphire are the same item?

I believe they are different, I found this information on the DVO site. Correct me if I’m wrong but the offset is accomplished in the crown and stancion combo.

Offset Options:
27.5 = 42mm
29 = 44mm

Thanks for info
Sorry little late thought i already had replyed on this one.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
My DVO builds...

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 11:06 Quote
So jelly of that Emerald, I wish they still made them.

Here is my DVO rig, plan is to raw it when I rebuild after this park season, I think the raw & green will look sick.

Going to need some lower rise bars, because I just placed an order for 29" lowers...

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 11:57 Quote
The Emerald isn't made anymore?!?

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 12:22 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
The Emerald isn't made anymore?!?
Maybe they are? Shouldn’t have said that with such authority haha, just haven’t ever seen them in stock and I only ever see new bikes coming with onyx DCs. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012050
Mobile Version of Website