DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Author Message
Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 13:31 Quote
I just got a jade x coil for my 5010, got another spring clip to try it out long shocked at 210x55 instead of 210x50.

Its brand new and just fitted, yet to ride it.

I'm wondering about the sound it makes on the rebound, its pretty loud compared to other shocks I've owned.
The sound while rebounding is different from the sound it makes compressing.

Can any one say how their jade x coil sounds? Is this just how they sound, a bit loud?

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Could you get a recording of how it sounds? It's impossible to diagnose without that.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
I just got a jade x coil for my 5010, got another spring clip to try it out long shocked at 210x55 instead of 210x50.

Its brand new and just fitted, yet to ride it.

I'm wondering about the sound it makes on the rebound, its pretty loud compared to other shocks I've owned.
The sound while rebounding is different from the sound it makes compressing.

Can any one say how their jade x coil sounds? Is this just how they sound, a bit loud?

What nonone said.

But also yeah my first jade x was pretty loud on rebound. I was also running a 600# spring so it was working hard.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
yeah im also running a 600

ok cool thanks, just that the noise was loud and sounded a bit like how a fox shock sounds when its f*cked.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 16:32 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
yeah im also running a 600

ok cool thanks, just that the noise was loud and sounded a bit like how a fox shock sounds when its f*cked.

Lols, yeah that sound can be disconcerting.

I've got a new Jade x and am now running the 575-700 prorate spring and it sounds quieter, but I'll pay attention on tomorrow's ride.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
I just got a jade x coil for my 5010, got another spring clip to try it out long shocked at 210x55 instead of 210x50.

Its brand new and just fitted, yet to ride it.

I'm wondering about the sound it makes on the rebound, its pretty loud compared to other shocks I've owned.
The sound while rebounding is different from the sound it makes compressing.

Can any one say how their jade x coil sounds? Is this just how they sound, a bit loud?

Did you double check the bladder pressure?

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 20:56 Quote
Just put a JadeX on my megatower with 550 spring, and its dead silent both on compression and rebound on open position lever. When on trail, its making a squish while compressing. I would check again the bladder pressure to be between 170-200 psi.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
yeah bladder is set to 190

rode it today and it feels great so I'm not too worried


edit - I didnt really think about the noise today while ridiing. Just went and gave the bike a quick squish there and the noise has pretty much disappeared now after riding!

so happy days

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 11:02 Quote
My new bike came stock with a Diamond D2. Is this basically the same fork as the old Beryl? I didn’t realize at first that it has much less adjustability. Does anyone here have some serious time on a D2 and what was your experience, or would I be better off upgrading to a D1 right away? Can you just change out the internals, or would I have to buy a new fork? I’m not one to tinker constantly with a fork but I do have a pretty particular way I like it to feel.

Also, after reading about the issues with the OTT adjuster on the D1 forks backing out on its own, I’m assuming this isn’t a problem with the internal 3-position OTT on the D2?

Lots there I know, but appreciate any intel. Cheers

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 17:49 Quote

I present my 2020 Dartmoor Hornet with a 170mm Travel Diamond D1! Just need to bleed the brakes and she's good to roll!

Posted: Mar 2, 2021 at 19:48 Quote


Finally got my Jade X!

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 21:28 Quote
Still loving my suspension but think it may be time for a rebuild on my Diamond? Seems the OTT knob is adding more sensitivity, so much so that it winds itself in all the way and stops. Anyone have a fix for it short of sending it to DVO?

Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 23:37 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Still loving my suspension but think it may be time for a rebuild on my Diamond? Seems the OTT knob is adding more sensitivity, so much so that it winds itself in all the way and stops. Anyone have a fix for it short of sending it to DVO?

If I recall correctly, DVO has a 3d printed part that they can send you if you contact their support!

How many hours since the last service?

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Still loving my suspension but think it may be time for a rebuild on my Diamond? Seems the OTT knob is adding more sensitivity, so much so that it winds itself in all the way and stops. Anyone have a fix for it short of sending it to DVO?

If I recall correctly, DVO has a 3d printed part that they can send you if you contact their support!

How many hours since the last service?

I have heard the same. I have also heard it can turn on its own if the OTT spring is not covered in tons of grease.

If you have access to a 3d printer or are near a college that likely has one there is a version that can be found here

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582081

I have heard of people drilling the OTT adjuster and sticking a cotter pin in it.

Posted: Mar 6, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
noone1223 wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Still loving my suspension but think it may be time for a rebuild on my Diamond? Seems the OTT knob is adding more sensitivity, so much so that it winds itself in all the way and stops. Anyone have a fix for it short of sending it to DVO?

If I recall correctly, DVO has a 3d printed part that they can send you if you contact their support!

How many hours since the last service?

I have heard the same. I have also heard it can turn on its own if the OTT spring is not covered in tons of grease.

If you have access to a 3d printer or are near a college that likely has one there is a version that can be found here

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4582081

I have heard of people drilling the OTT adjuster and sticking a cotter pin in it.

There’s also people on Etsy that will 3D print you custom jobs for stupid cheap. Just send them the file for a quote and probably get that made and shipped to you for under $10.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007437
Mobile Version of Website