DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
The Cane Creek progressive is white but the DVO are available in black or green.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
Thanks for the reply’s lads! That’s a relief it’s going to fit since I already went and bought it. I got it in the UK from TFTuned website, only comes in white on their website unfortunately mate. But like windowsill said, DVO have a progressive spring in black. The white just looks sick on my reign 2019

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
So, Question for the hive mind. I have a diamond, and was wondering if there are larger bolt on guards made aftermarket? The stock one looks nice, but it's a bit on the short side, and I don't like the look of zip ties or elastics/o-rings holding stuff on. I know RRP makes a bolt on fender, but does anyone know if it is compatible?

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 1:46 Quote
Hi guys
I recently bought myself a DVO Jade X. After putting it on my bike I noticed the rebound damping was not working (meaning that it was really fast, no matter how i turned the rebound knob).
I sent it back and got my money back, since they could not replace it.
I ordered the same shock in another shop and exactly the same thing is going on. Even with full rebound damping, the back wheel jumps off the ground when I push on the saddle. (Too fast)

What I would like to know, is the damping range really supposed to be nearly zero? How do your shocks perform?
All the other shocks I've had so far had a far wider adjustment range.

I have a 400lbs/in spring, bike is a transition patrol with cascade link.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 4:08 Quote
Hi all,

I recently did a lowers service on my Sapphire D1 and afterwards the fork is quite noisy (light sucking sound when cycling - I didn't touch the damper, so not sure if it's coming from there), feels harsh and even maxing out the OTT, it doesn't have the suppleness it used to.

I followed the DVO instructions doc, but something seems a bit off.

Another thing I noticed is that maxing out the OTT actually pulls the fork down, leaving me with 10mm less exposed stanchion.

Any advice?

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 4:11 Quote
Leptidurusarcticus wrote:
Hi guys
I recently bought myself a DVO Jade X. After putting it on my bike I noticed the rebound damping was not working (meaning that it was really fast, no matter how i turned the rebound knob).
I ordered the same shock in another shop and exactly the same thing is going on. Even with full rebound damping, the back wheel jumps off the ground when I push on the saddle. (Too fast)

What I would like to know, is the damping range really supposed to be nearly zero? How do your shocks perform?

Something not right there, I have a Jade X and rebound can be set so slow its unusable even with a 650lb spring. Contact the swiss DVO distributor or go direct to DVO and they will sort it under warranty for sure.

My experience with the UK distributor for DVO warranty work has been excellent so far.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 6:52 Quote
whatisthecolour wrote:
Leptidurusarcticus wrote:
Hi guys

Something not right there, I have a Jade X and rebound can be set so slow its unusable even with a 650lb spring. Contact the swiss DVO distributor or go direct to DVO and they will sort it under warranty for sure.

My experience with the UK distributor for DVO warranty work has been excellent so far.

Thanks for your reply. That's basically what I needed to know! I've already contacted DVO and they suggested a tuning, but that's not what I need/want.
I just think it's really weird, getting two different shocks with both the exact same problem and no one else seems to have encountered this.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 9:10 Quote
windowsill wrote:
Hi George!

I am running a CC Valt Progressive 475-550lbs on my 230x65 Jade X. It fits perfectly on the DVO spring clips/collars, but I had to get a plastic spring spacer from DVO because the Cane Creek spring was slightly shorter than the shock body's threads allowed. I got one made by my suspension center at 12mm, but it might be different if the 400-488 is shorter or longer than the 475-550 that I have, so that's something to check. Maybe your shock body's length is different since it's trunnion mount and you might not need a spacer too.

The spring weight range depends of your own weight and your bike's kinematics. If you don't already have a spring on your bike for reference of what you could need, google for a spring rate calculator, enter your details and it will give you an idea of the spring you need. For my setup I was suggested to use between 450-480lbs and I wanted more progression on my frame for bottom-out resistance, so I went with the 475-550. 450-525 or 425-500 lbs would have been spot-on, but it still rides great while I'm waiting for DVO's own progressive spring to try!

Hope this helps!

Coil arrived today and fitted it! Just enough thread on shock body to fit without a spacer. Closer than I’d of liked I must admit though. Not a clue where I’d get a spacer, can’t find any online at all

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
So, Question for the hive mind. I have a diamond, and was wondering if there are larger bolt on guards made aftermarket? The stock one looks nice, but it's a bit on the short side, and I don't like the look of zip ties or elastics/o-rings holding stuff on. I know RRP makes a bolt on fender, but does anyone know if it is compatible?

I read a post somewhere saying clearance is at a minimum on non-listed forks and the risk is solely down to the buyer if tried.

https://www.themudhugger.co.uk/products/mudhugger-evo-bolt-on?variant=37431382048942

Mudhugger also sells a bolt on mudguard now. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like it fits DVO forks either, I emailed them a couple of years ago and asked if they were planning to do a direct mount guard with more coverage than the standard DVO huggers (ironically just before RRP released exactly what I wanted) and was told “definitely no chance at all”. Strange how one company cornering the market changes peoples ideas instantly!

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
Interesting. Thanks. Might have to call some shops around me to see if it can be test fitted

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
Interesting. Thanks. Might have to call some shops around me to see if it can be test fitted

I did just read you are supposed to be able to heat the mudhugger version up to alter the mounting angle slightly. Not sure if this is true, but it might help with clearance issues. I guess it’d be similar to bending earpieces on sunglasses for a better fit?

Let me know if you have any luck, I’ve been interested in something like this for ages.

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 13:57 Quote
I'll keep this thread updated when I get some funds for a proper mudguard. Meaning no we rides for me yet as I don't want to clean too much mud this early in the season! Also got on my first ride with this fork, and I've got to say, small bump is GREAT! Still gotta get the courage to go fast, but I love it, and need to start messing with the tuning now!

Posted: Mar 23, 2021 at 14:28 Quote
I took the more simple budget route and bought the Beryl fork (which uses the diamond chassis with cheaper internals) and really like it. I’m surprised how relatively easy it was to setup, I had to lower it to 150mm but didn’t have to change the OTT setting. In some ways it sounds a bit more reliable than the models that the OTT randomly alters itself. Excellent budget fork for just a shade over £400

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 1:04 Quote
I have been thinking about using the original mudguard as a template to make a bigger one. I havent done it yet as I dont have access to equipment or the know how to do it. The rear section should be fairly easy to extend. However if one wants a front bit that extends pass the crown, then you will have to make it go over the crown for clearance. I have also though of cutting up a fuller guard and joining it to the dvo one.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 3:49 Quote
Should the air chamber be deflated before adjusting the OTT?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009419
Mobile Version of Website