DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Author Message
Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 4:44 Quote
Odinson wrote:
Should the air chamber be deflated before adjusting the OTT?
Yes. Adjusting with air in the fork can damage the OTT.

Posted: Mar 24, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Odinson wrote:
Should the air chamber be deflated before adjusting the OTT?

Yes.

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 17:19 Quote
So, for us DVO lovers who want a better mudguard, RRP actually has one in the works!

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 16:07 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
I like, good looking Tallboy.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 0:34 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
So, for us DVO lovers who want a better mudguard, RRP actually has one in the works!

Which one? Is the bolt on?

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 5:48 Quote
Yep, the bolt on!

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
Yep, the bolt on!

Interesting. I was under the impression that there was clearance issues with DVO forks

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Leptidurusarcticus wrote:
Hi guys
I recently bought myself a DVO Jade X. After putting it on my bike I noticed the rebound damping was not working (meaning that it was really fast, no matter how i turned the rebound knob).
I sent it back and got my money back, since they could not replace it.
I ordered the same shock in another shop and exactly the same thing is going on. Even with full rebound damping, the back wheel jumps off the ground when I push on the saddle. (Too fast)

What I would like to know, is the damping range really supposed to be nearly zero? How do your shocks perform?
All the other shocks I've had so far had a far wider adjustment range.

I have a 400lbs/in spring, bike is a transition patrol with cascade link.

For anyone encountering the same issue, I managed to solve the mistery, so here's a quick update:

I sent the shock to the Swiss distributor and they found that nothing was wrong with it. Nevertheless the shock was not a stock version but was already given a tuning (which could be undone). Apparently both online shops I bought the shocks from bought it in the first place from a bike manufacturer which ordered the shocks pre tuned for their bikes at DVO.
I wouldn't mind this as long as i would get the whole info about the shocks history.
What I don't get is why DVO didn't think of this and why they never mentioned that the shock could actually be tuned like this.

Long story short: Online-Products are not always first hand and might not behave like the original is supposed to.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
noone1223 wrote:
Yep, the bolt on!

Interesting. I was under the impression that there was clearance issues with DVO forks

They're testing different shims, and they have a post on their social media (only found their Facebook) about only the Diamond boost 27.5 fork fitting

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 21:36 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:

This looks like a great build! Another one for the books man, post up a full on side pic!!

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 22:07 Quote
I just got my Onyx back from my LBS for a basic service (its first) and the rebound adjuster is stuck - it won’t move in either direction and from how the fork feels, seems to be stuck at full open.

From what I can find online, this has happened to other people but I can’t find anyone explaining why or how to fix it. I don’t see anything about this in DVO’s web site or service guides.

I’m bringing it back tomorrow but they’re slammed with pandemic pre-season service work (and I would assume DVO is very busy right now too); if I knew exactly what the fix is, that might save me some downtime — and know how to make sure it doesn’t happen if I ever service the fork myself.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 0:43 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
THE-GUNT wrote:

This looks like a great build! Another one for the books man, post up a full on side pic!!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 8:36 Quote
Ryanmeader wrote:
I just got my Onyx back from my LBS for a basic service (its first) and the rebound adjuster is stuck - it won’t move in either direction and from how the fork feels, seems to be stuck at full open.

From what I can find online, this has happened to other people but I can’t find anyone explaining why or how to fix it. I don’t see anything about this in DVO’s web site or service guides.

I’m bringing it back tomorrow but they’re slammed with pandemic pre-season service work (and I would assume DVO is very busy right now too); if I knew exactly what the fix is, that might save me some downtime — and know how to make sure it doesn’t happen if I ever service the fork myself.

Sounds like the LBS screwed up. Call DVO (they're amazing) and see what they recommend!

Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 7:07 Quote
I just slapped a DVO Topaz on my 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Comp yesterday evening, and it's a huge improvement already but interested to hear how other people have theirs setup. Anyone with a Topaz/Jeffsy on here that can tell me how they liked spacers, etc?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007655
Mobile Version of Website