DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Apr 10, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
Ryanmeader wrote:
I just got my Onyx back from my LBS for a basic service (its first) and the rebound adjuster is stuck - it won’t move in either direction and from how the fork feels, seems to be stuck at full open.

From what I can find online, this has happened to other people but I can’t find anyone explaining why or how to fix it. I don’t see anything about this in DVO’s web site or service guides.

I’m bringing it back tomorrow but they’re slammed with pandemic pre-season service work (and I would assume DVO is very busy right now too); if I knew exactly what the fix is, that might save me some downtime — and know how to make sure it doesn’t happen if I ever service the fork myself.

Your lbs did mess up since they did not reset your suspension settings and discover this issue.

However, this happens to me when I service my Onyc sc and I think it's due to tightening down the damper side adjuster nut. I just grab the rebound adjuster, turn it hard clockwise and it breaks free and then works fine.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 0:21 Quote
billirwin wrote:
I just slapped a DVO Topaz on my 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Comp yesterday evening, and it's a huge improvement already but interested to hear how other people have theirs setup. Anyone with a Topaz/Jeffsy on here that can tell me how they liked spacers, etc?

See the Jeffsy 29 thread, put a reply in there for you boss.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 17:42 Quote
So, question to those who got the saddle before the rest of us, how is it?

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 18:20 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
So, question to those who got the saddle before the rest of us, how is it?
Its Awesome . I ordered 2 more for a couple buddies . They loved it also .

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 19:49 Quote
Any idea of when the saddles will be available? The shape looks like one I'd like.

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 20:04 Quote
windowsill wrote:
Any idea of when the saddles will be available? The shape looks like one I'd like.
end of may .

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 20:51 Quote
Well, sounds like I need to figure out how to get one put aside for me!

Posted: Apr 12, 2021 at 23:28 Quote
noone1223 wrote:
Well, sounds like I need to figure out how to get one put aside for me!
Call or email Dvo

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 0:45 Quote
Whats the width of those saddles?

Posted: Apr 13, 2021 at 6:57 Quote
Riyadh wrote:
Whats the width of those saddles?
143mm

Posted: Apr 15, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
Hi guys,

I was wondering if a Topaz T3 190x50.8 (imperial) with a 5mm travel spacer would work the same as a metric 190x45.
I am asking because I need a 190x45 shock and I am interested in the Topaz but the only shock available quickly for me would be the imperial sized one.
Thanks for your advice !

Posted: Apr 16, 2021 at 17:33 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if a Topaz T3 190x50.8 (imperial) with a 5mm travel spacer would work the same as a metric 190x45.
I am asking because I need a 190x45 shock and I am interested in the Topaz but the only shock available quickly for me would be the imperial sized one.
Thanks for your advice !
If @finalgear doesn’t chime in here in a day or so I’d just call up DVO or email and ask em

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 6:15 Quote
For onyx DC, can I switch to 29er just by swapping lowers?

Posted: Apr 26, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
Nictue wrote:
For onyx DC, can I switch to 29er just by swapping lowers?
Yes, I just did that this past weekend. All you need is the new lowers, nothing else required. A2C is 597mm for the 29 vs. 585mm for the 27.5 (plus the 19mm increase in rim radius below the axle).

Only one ride so far, but initial impressions are good. Increased ground clearance without the BB feeling too high or tippy in corners. Noticeably slacker.

large 2019 Glory 1 in mullet configuration

large 2019 Glory 1 in mullet configuration

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 8:03 Quote
@finalgear, do you have some information about what happened with the idea for a coil Diamond? A coil conversion kit would be awesome!

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006968
Mobile Version of Website