DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: May 11, 2021 at 15:03 Quote
Zayphod wrote:
@finalgear, do you have some information about what happened with the idea for a coil Diamond? A coil conversion kit would be awesome!

Vorsprung are working on a kit for the DVO forks as we speak apparently

Posted: May 11, 2021 at 22:50 Quote
Any more news on the DVO saddle and when/ if it will be available in the UK?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 1:16 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
Zayphod wrote:
@finalgear, do you have some information about what happened with the idea for a coil Diamond? A coil conversion kit would be awesome!

Where did you hear that?

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
JamesyBear wrote:
Any more news on the DVO saddle and when/ if it will be available in the UK?
Probably end of the month like here in US

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 9:05 Quote
[Quote="Lololmalol"]
Zayphod wrote:
@finalgear

That would be really cool. Since the diamond uses cartridges, depending on the design you might be able to switch back and forth between air and coil

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:18 Quote
[Quote="ebschroderus"]
Lololmalol wrote:
Zayphod wrote:
@finalgear

That would be really cool. Since the diamond uses cartridges, depending on the design you might be able to switch back and forth between air and coil

I’d also guess that, considering the coil negative spring, the weight difference wouldn’t be that much.

Really hoping they get some forks in soon, a new Onyx would look Perry’s sweet on my upcoming build!

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:32 Quote
This has probably been discussed before but is the Onyx worth it over a Diamond? Can't imagine the added stiffness is all that noticeable.

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 15:25 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
This has probably been discussed before but is the Onyx worth it over a Diamond? Can't imagine the added stiffness is all that noticeable.
I’d say that depends on usage. If you’re on a trail bike at 160mm (the overlap travel) as I am, the Diamond is a better all-rounder. Unless you’re a bigger, more aggressive rider.
If you’re on more of a brawler, enduro-ish bike at 160 as I will be, the Onyx makes sense.
Obviously, if you need more travel you have to go with the Onyx, less and you have to go with the Diamond.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 9:33 Quote
Losifer wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
I’d say that depends on usage. If you’re on a trail bike at 160mm (the overlap travel) as I am, the Diamond is a better all-rounder. Unless you’re a bigger, more aggressive rider.
If you’re on more of a brawler, enduro-ish bike at 160 as I will be, the Onyx makes sense.
Obviously, if you need more travel you have to go with the Onyx, less and you have to go with the Diamond.

I'm on a Ripmo AF so the bike that could either be a trail bike or enduro bike. I'm 175lbs and ride at the Expert level I'd say, definitely ride more spirited than the Sport rider. I've often wondered about how much more I'd like a 170mm fork. Also really like the lower leg bleeders on the Onyx since I ride at elevation a handful of times a year.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 10:07 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Losifer wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

I'm on a Ripmo AF so the bike that could either be a trail bike or enduro bike. I'm 175lbs and ride at the Expert level I'd say, definitely ride more spirited than the Sport rider. I've often wondered about how much more I'd like a 170mm fork. Also really like the lower leg bleeders on the Onyx since I ride at elevation a handful of times a year.

The weight difference isn’t huge- a couple hundred grams, which isn’t a big deal for your size. The other thing that would be nice for you with the Onyx is that ability to experiment with fork length- adjusting travel on DVOs is fairly simple, no need to buy anything.

I’m honestly not sure how beneficial the lower purge ports are, but it certainly can’t hurt if you’re changing elevation drastically!

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:

I’ve owned both forks. While the Diamond is an extremely capable fork, the Onyx is basically a single crown DH fork. It’s stiffer, and way more confidence inspiring compared to the Diamond.

If you’re building a trail bike up to 150mm travel, I’d get the Diamond. I’d you’re planning to build an enduro/freeride/park bike, with more than 150mm travel, then go with the Onyx.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 11:23 Quote
fredro wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

I’ve owned both forks. While the Diamond is an extremely capable fork, the Onyx is basically a single crown DH fork. It’s stiffer, and way more confidence inspiring compared to the Diamond.

If you’re building a trail bike up to 150mm travel, I’d get the Diamond. I’d you’re planning to build an enduro/freeride/park bike, with more than 150mm travel, then go with the Onyx.

Thanks for the input! Sounds like Onyx is the way to go.

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 0:58 Quote
[Quote="ebschroderus"]
Lololmalol wrote:
Zayphod wrote:
@finalgear

You can switch back and forward in the onyx too, just run the damper on the side you run the coil side if you swap back. But sounds like no one will swap back

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 15:06 Quote
Hey all! Quick question for anyone in the know. Is it possible to run the DVO Diamond fork at 120mm or 130mm at a push? Thanks for any information.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008048
Mobile Version of Website