DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
Hey
I own a Jade 9.5x3 from an older DH bike I sold, now I'm on a Pole enduro and the shock is just collecting dust in a box. I'm curious if it's possible to rebuild the Jade from 9.5x3 to 8.5x2.5? There is the shaft assembly kit, do I just change shaft and I'm good to go? or am I stupid to think i'ts that easy?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
Danjel wrote:
Hey
I own a Jade 9.5x3 from an older DH bike I sold, now I'm on a Pole enduro and the shock is just collecting dust in a box. I'm curious if it's possible to rebuild the Jade from 9.5x3 to 8.5x2.5? There is the shaft assembly kit, do I just change shaft and I'm good to go? or am I stupid to think i'ts that easy?

You would need a new damper body, rebound needle and shaft which is fairly cheap if you need to do a service at the same time anyway

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
Danjel wrote:
Hey

You would need a new damper body, rebound needle and shaft which is fairly cheap if you need to do a service at the same time anyway

Thanks for info, way cheaper than buying a new shock.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 19:24 Quote
My girlfriend is still having issues getting full travel out of her Topaz 2 on a 2021 Liv Intrigue 140mm. We sent the shock in to DVO for a custom light tune which helped a lot and we've been experimenting with dropping the air pressure and adding negative spacers but she is still leaving a lot of travel on the table. Her current settings are

Riding weight: 135 lbs

PSI: 135

Sag: 30%

Negative tokens: 3

Positive tokens: 0

Rebound: 3 clicks of damping from fully open

Bladder pressure: 170

The rebound feels great and the small bump sensitivity and climbing traction all feel perfect but she has about 10mm of travel left to hit full bottom out which on her bike equates to 26 mm of rear wheel travel.

I was under the impression that Giant/Liv bikes are fairly linear and was expecting to have to add tokens to the positive chamber but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 23:21 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
My girlfriend is still having issues getting full travel out of her Topaz 2 on a 2021 Liv Intrigue 140mm. We sent the shock in to DVO for a custom light tune which helped a lot and we've been experimenting with dropping the air pressure and adding negative spacers but she is still leaving a lot of travel on the table. Her current settings are

Riding weight: 135 lbs

PSI: 135

Sag: 30%

Negative tokens: 3

Positive tokens: 0

Rebound: 3 clicks of damping from fully open

Bladder pressure: 170

The rebound feels great and the small bump sensitivity and climbing traction all feel perfect but she has about 10mm of travel left to hit full bottom out which on her bike equates to 26 mm of rear wheel travel.

I was under the impression that Giant/Liv bikes are fairly linear and was expecting to have to add tokens to the positive chamber but that doesn't seem to be the case.

When you say not getting full travel have you measured the stroke she’s using? The topaz doesn’t use its entire shaft under full travel

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 1:00 Quote
You can try dropping the bladder pressure to 165 in this specific case.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 8:15 Quote
Yes we have measured the stroke she is using and have also let the air out and cycled the shock to confirm the true bottom.

Wouldn't decreasing bladder pressure shift the entire spring curve down? I am hesitant to do that since the initial and mid stroke feel good, we're just trying to make the end stroke a bit less progressive.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 8:42 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Yes we have measured the stroke she is using and have also let the air out and cycled the shock to confirm the true bottom.

Wouldn't decreasing bladder pressure shift the entire spring curve down? I am hesitant to do that since the initial and mid stroke feel good, we're just trying to make the end stroke a bit less progressive.

If the suspension is linear or near linear, try removing the neg spacers, it will increase the effect of the neg spring deeper in the travel and might help get full travel a bit easier. dvo have high volume chambers and won't ramp up as much. Reducing bladder pressure you risk cavitation and ruining the dampening performance, you said dampening wise you are ok, it's the spring force you need to overcome to get full travel.

Posted: Jun 21, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
My Diamond has blow the left seal for the second time in a year and a half, first time I sent it into dvo and heard it was related to an issue with the internals. Don't really want to take the time mid season and send it in now. Does anyone know where to buy new seals? They are out of stock on their website.

Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 16:48 Quote
jpculp wrote:
My Diamond has blow the left seal for the second time in a year and a half, first time I sent it into dvo and heard it was related to an issue with the internals. Don't really want to take the time mid season and send it in now. Does anyone know where to buy new seals? They are out of stock on their website.

I don't know if you are still looking but fanatikbike.com still has a few in stock

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
Perfect thanks!

Posted: Jul 3, 2021 at 6:18 Quote
Diamond in the rough!

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Right i have an issue with my onyx d1. Can anyone help?

Since last weekend i an hitting a wall of progression in the fork once ive gone past the ott.

I stripped the air shaft and regreased and slickoliumed everything it needed and it felt much better but i hadnt set the ott.

Let the air out, set the ott, pumped up again and bang. Massive progression in the positive air chamber. Even at 50psi (im 120kg) i can feel the progressive nature of the air spring. I have 5cc of oil in the chamber. Has anyone lowered this or had a similar experience?

Posted: Jul 7, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
Lorieng wrote:
Right i have an issue with my onyx d1. Can anyone help?

Since last weekend i an hitting a wall of progression in the fork once ive gone past the ott.

I stripped the air shaft and regreased and slickoliumed everything it needed and it felt much better but i hadnt set the ott.

Let the air out, set the ott, pumped up again and bang. Massive progression in the positive air chamber. Even at 50psi (im 120kg) i can feel the progressive nature of the air spring. I have 5cc of oil in the chamber. Has anyone lowered this or had a similar experience?

Be careful that you may have inadvertently pressurized the lower leg. Stick a zip tie through the stanchion seal to make sure it hasn't been pressurized. This happened with my Diamond after a lower leg service, went riding and the stanchion seal blew out of the fork because somehow the lower leg got air in it. LOTS of progression but it was not real progression.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007261
Mobile Version of Website