DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 17:56 Quote
Garradmiller wrote:
Anyone know what the difference is between an onyx sc d1 and d2?

Well if it's like the diamond, HSC is not adjustable and the OTT is adjustable internally with spacers (max of 2 so 3 postition).

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
Hi,
Can anyone completely confirm what has been revised on the current Onyx SC, I emailed DVO USA and they say just new machining / bushings in the lowers, nothing else quoted here.
Many thanks.

bdreynolds7 wrote:
phonk7 wrote:
Give us some specifics!

“The biggest changes are the lowers are a new casting and the bushings are new from a different manufacturer that allows us to get the tolerance down to 0.01mm”

“The uppers are a new coating with a new press process thats so far has eliminated any creaking and has a massive reduction in friction”

“We have a new air piston, new damper seal head, new bladder, compression tune, new air bleeders and a firmer OTT spring seat to prevent any rattle”

Can confirm on massive reduction in friction, this fork is buttery smooth, its crazy.

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 1:31 Quote
2021 remedy and dvo onyx

Got my first Dvo fork excited to give it a ride, came from a Fox 36 grip 2 so will be good to see how in compares!

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 3:11 Quote
steveo-dh wrote:
2021 remedy and dvo onyx

Got my first Dvo fork excited to give it a ride, came from a Fox 36 grip 2 so will be good to see how in compares!

This color combo is awesome, well done! I bet it will ride as good as it looks Wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 7:38 Quote
I approve of this color combo!

(See my avatar)

Posted: Sep 23, 2021 at 9:07 Quote
steveo-dh wrote:
2021 remedy and dvo onyx

Yeah man I wanna know how it compares to the Grip 2.

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Linkeds2 wrote:
Just got it back and installed. Not ridden yet but the fork is perfect now. No initial stiction and is buttery smooth now

I'm curious to hear how that holds up for you (lack of stiction). My Onyx has had bushings resized and after a fresh rebuild is ludicrously smooth/stiction free. After a few weeks of riding this degrades, and it gets somewhat sticky at breakaway, especially without front brake to increase bending load vs in-line forces. I'm running Buzzy's 10wt in lowers, slick honey on stock seals and bushings.

I'm also curious, as others have inquired, if other brand seals fit in the Onyx SC. Anyone know of a higher-performance alternative to the stock seals?

Posted: Sep 24, 2021 at 13:22 Quote
Anyone have any experience with the Smashpot conversion for the Onyx yet?

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
Has anyone else had an issue with the bottom out bumpers on Jades/ Jade Xs splitting/cracking? I've gone through two in as many years now. Can't decide whether this is normal or if I'm bottoming out hard an excessive amount. Hard to tell because it bottoms so smoothly.

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 12:42 Quote
phonk7 wrote:
Anyone have any experience with the Smashpot conversion for the Onyx yet?

Yeah heaps, what would you like to know?

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
CobyCobie wrote:
Has anyone else had an issue with the bottom out bumpers on Jades/ Jade Xs splitting/cracking? I've gone through two in as many years now. Can't decide whether this is normal or if I'm bottoming out hard an excessive amount. Hard to tell because it bottoms so smoothly.

Is it the older softer durometer? Best way to tell is the older one can be flexed 4/5mm in your fingers. The new one maybe 1/2mm depending obviously on where you sit on the hulk scale haha

Posted: Oct 7, 2021 at 16:02 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:

Is it the older softer durometer? Best way to tell is the older one can be flexed 4/5mm in your fingers. The new one maybe 1/2mm depending obviously on where you sit on the hulk scale haha

Both, I think. I think I've actually killed 3 now and the harder one was a much more spectacular unwinding. Most recent was purchased with the service kit in the spring of '21. Measured last night and I'm running 27% sag (with all weight on seat) and a WAY more aggressive compression tune than stock at the piston on my pretty linear frame.

Edit: the shock is a few year old trunnion one and I called DVO and asked for the hard bumper that failed.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 14:38 Quote
Canadians: If you do your own service, where do you buy your parts from? Do you get them straight from DVO or somewhere else?

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
I have ordered parts straight from DVO and through SuspensionWerx. Both worked well.

Posted: Oct 13, 2021 at 2:43 Quote
Is there any news about technical updates of DVO products?
Especially about DVO Jade X coil shock..

May I buy it now or shoud I wait till spring time IF there are planned some major changes, for example ?...

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008468
Mobile Version of Website