DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
I assume you have rung DVO to ask what could have changed rather than coming here for vague guesses at what could be going on?
Yep I’ve emailed on the weekend, hopefully they’ll get back to me today.

Posted: Nov 8, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
SID156 wrote:
CobyCobie wrote:
SID156 wrote:
Hey guys, so i have a Ibis ripmo AF and i love it. The DVO onyx was amazing. So about 2 weeks in the fork developed stiffness in the start of the travel and i really had to drive my weight into the fork for it to initiate into its travel. Emailed DVO and sent it in due to tight bushings. Now ive got it back and applied my settings and it doesn't feel remotely as good as when i got it, feels like something is really off. My settings - I'm 165 lbs. . 67psi, 14 clicks of rebound from slow, 8 rotations of OTT from stiff. So now the fork just feels really mushy like the oil is too thick causing the fork to be dead. My LSC is at 1 and i feel like i need a 0 or a -1 setting. The fork basically feels like it has too much low speed compression even at setting 1. Messed with the HSC too and i have that at 1.5 turns. Also right at the very start of the travel i really need to put some weight for it to compress, there is no stiction at all but just feels hard to start off.

Any insight?

Thanks

Is the OTT messed up in some way? If you add some CW turns does it feel better?
So I turned the OTT into both extremes to see if that was the case. It wasn’t , it was still harsh/hard to initiate it’s travel and it still was mushy all throughout.

I would think DVO would do better but it is possible to put the adjuster on wrong. That would only be the case if the LSC knob can go to a position that isnt 1-6. Was your response saying that the OTT doesn't make it feel different? That doesn't sound good.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
Does anyone know if there is a vendor that will sell a White Blazing Saddle to the states? I found one online, but they don't ship to the USA.

photo

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 8:54 Quote
NoGrip61 wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a vendor that will sell a White Blazing Saddle to the states? I found one online, but they don't ship to the USA.

photo
They do not sell white. It was a pre-production color.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 9:36 Quote
I hope they make black seats. Anyone have feedback on how comfy it is?

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Have one in every color but green. I sold all my other saddles after I tried this one.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 10:47 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Have one in every color but green. I sold all my other saddles after I tried this one.

Been considering buying one, that’s all the convincing I need to saddle up and get one.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
NoGrip61 wrote:

photo
I talked with someone and they say they are gonna make the white available . Best bet is to call Dvo . They are great to deal with .

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
THE-GUNT wrote:
NoGrip61 wrote:

I talked with someone and they say they are gonna make the white available . Best bet is to call Dvo . They are great to deal with .
Ok Nice, thanks! I'll hold out a little longer then as this isn't urgent. I ordered a custom Topaz and can confirm that they are good to work with.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 11:25 Quote
White saddles don’t stay white for long.

Posted: Nov 18, 2021 at 13:34 Quote
It's the same as your undies!! Razz

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 8:24 Quote
fredro wrote:
White saddles don’t stay white for long.

that's not true, if the seat or the seat on the bike don't actually get used it'll never get dirty! lol

Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 15:44 Quote
Looking for tuning suggestions on the Onyx on my Ripmo AF.

Current settings:
Weight: 185
OTT: 12
Air Pressure: 65
Sag: 30%
HSC: -4.5
LSC: 1-3
Rebound: -16

The fork feels great on single hits and I don't think I have every fully bottomed it out. It gets really harsh on small to midsized chop/chunk. Super harsh on my hands, I end up holding on for my life!

Not sure what direction to go, if there is something wrong with the fork, or maybe it is just my technique that needs work.

Thanks in advance!

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2021 at 19:29 Quote
Bearded4Glory wrote:
Looking for tuning suggestions on the Onyx on my Ripmo AF.

Current settings:
Weight: 185
OTT: 12
Air Pressure: 65
Sag: 30%
HSC: -4.5
LSC: 1-3
Rebound: -16

The fork feels great on single hits and I don't think I have every fully bottomed it out. It gets really harsh on small to midsized chop/chunk. Super harsh on my hands, I end up holding on for my life!

Not sure what direction to go, if there is something wrong with the fork, or maybe it is just my technique that needs work.

Thanks in advance!

Forks way to soft

Go most sensitive on OTT and 73psi

Open up all the compression and run it as fast as you can comfortably untill your work out the OTT / air relationship, then dial in the damper once you get your head around that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019382
Mobile Version of Website