DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 21:01 Quote
Anyone got the color code for the DVO blue?

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 18:11 Quote
Has anyone tried to extend the stroke on a DVO TOPAZ T3 AIR 216x57 to make it 216x63 by using a smaller spacer inside?

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 18:17 Quote
Near the end of my ride today, my Topaz T3 stopped returning to full extension. Do I bother removing the air can in hopes air migrated to the negative chamber and I only need a new o-ring? Or do I contact DVO and send it in. It had a full service in October, and has been working great until today.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:13 Quote
I’d take off the air can and have a look. It takes like 30 seconds. Then maybe give them a call if you can’t figure it out

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
I’d take off the air can and have a look. It takes like 30 seconds. Then maybe give them a call if you can’t figure it out

The air canister was several turns form being tight!
Wiped everything down, greased, tightened and pressurized - all seems well.
For the next service it goes back to DVO instead of my local shop.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 14:44 Quote
slomtbr wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:

There are no «turns» (no thread) on the topaz air canister...? It's pressed.

But one of the o-rings was probably not playing its role, for one reason or another, allowing air to leak, and the air canister to slide a little?

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 20:03 Quote
TibZ wrote:
slomtbr wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:

But one of the o-rings was probably not playing its role, for one reason or another, allowing air to leak, and the air canister to slide a little?
DVO calls the outer can, held on by the o-ring, the air sleeve.
The inner, thread-on can where the volume spacers go, they call the air canister - this is what was loose.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 8:58 Quote
slomtbr wrote:
TibZ wrote:
slomtbr wrote:

The inner, thread-on can where the volume spacers go, they call the air canister - this is what was loose.

Ok, thanks for clarifying and sorry for my irrelevant contribution :/

That's good to know.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 17:35 Quote
TibZ wrote:
slomtbr wrote:
TibZ wrote:

Ok, thanks for clarifying and sorry for my irrelevant contribution :/

I appreciate everyone who tried to help.
BTW, the shock worked perfectly on an 8.5 mile, very rocky ride.
That's good to know.

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Need a DVO saddle to complete my bike if anyone has a lead on one. Green or Gray preferably. Thanks guys!

https://ibb.co/mhGd6gW

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
So far I’ve found a gray one but would have to ship from UK.

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 13:47 Quote

Just some appreciation for my DVO Jade X. One of the best riding shocks I've had. Been on Fox, RS, Cane Creek, Fusion, Suntour(their slightly higher-end stuff). Jade X plus this frame, feels like nothing else, I did get the custom tune through their shop just to see how it is. Supple off the top, very nice bottom-out resistance, only really complaint i would have is sometimes the rebound feels like it moves, but that could also be my horrendous body positioning too.
Love it to death, best $750-800 I've spent in recent times

Posted: Feb 3, 2022 at 15:49 Quote
MTBrandonLee wrote:

Just some appreciation for my DVO Jade X. One of the best riding shocks I've had. Been on Fox, RS, Cane Creek, Fusion, Suntour(their slightly higher-end stuff). Jade X plus this frame, feels like nothing else, I did get the custom tune through their shop just to see how it is. Supple off the top, very nice bottom-out resistance, only really complaint i would have is sometimes the rebound feels like it moves, but that could also be my horrendous body positioning too.
Love it to death, best $750-800 I've spent in recent times

If the rebound feels funny it's usually just that it's not balanced with the fork. Maybe try adjusting one to closer match the other. I think the HSR on DVO products in general is a little faster than most people are used to but I'm not quite sure.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 7:33 Quote
Want to confirm HSR being on a faster side.

I wonder if my picture is right regarding LSR/HSR? Any chance you can tune HSR by adding shims? This is my regular DVO Jade:

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
sayrius wrote:
Want to confirm HSR being on a faster side.

I wonder if my picture is right regarding LSR/HSR? Any chance you can tune HSR by adding shims? This is my regular DVO Jade:

Opposite of that. The two shims closest to piston are the actual shims that control hsr, those ones on the left with the retaining ring are on the lsr circuit and also act as a check valve for the low speed circuit. The problem with the jade is the piston is dished for rebound which gives a digressive rebound curve. You can add shims to it to make it firmer but at the same time you make the low speed rebound way too firm due to the preload placed on the stack so it rides really weird.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010111
Mobile Version of Website