DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 1:50 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
sayrius wrote:
Want to confirm HSR being on a faster side.

I wonder if my picture is right regarding LSR/HSR? Any chance you can tune HSR by adding shims? This is my regular DVO Jade:

Opposite of that. The two shims closest to piston are the actual shims that control hsr, those ones on the left with the retaining ring are on the lsr circuit and also act as a check valve for the low speed circuit. The problem with the jade is the piston is dished for rebound which gives a digressive rebound curve. You can add shims to it to make it firmer but at the same time you make the low speed rebound way too firm due to the preload placed on the stack so it rides really weird.

Thanx for clarifying mate! I thought that they are completely independent as LSR flow goes through the bolt holes, and HSR flow goes through the piston. Or it all works together at low speed?

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
Hello,

Any ideas where to get/make spring spacer - For CC spring mount on Jade X ? (it on the short side)

If someone has a blueprint for who to make one, it will be very nice Drool

Cheers,

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
sayrius wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:
sayrius wrote:
Want to confirm HSR being on a faster side.

I wonder if my picture is right regarding LSR/HSR? Any chance you can tune HSR by adding shims? This is my regular DVO Jade:

Opposite of that. The two shims closest to piston are the actual shims that control hsr, those ones on the left with the retaining ring are on the lsr circuit and also act as a check valve for the low speed circuit. The problem with the jade is the piston is dished for rebound which gives a digressive rebound curve. You can add shims to it to make it firmer but at the same time you make the low speed rebound way too firm due to the preload placed on the stack so it rides really weird.

Thanx for clarifying mate! I thought that they are completely independent as LSR flow goes through the bolt holes, and HSR flow goes through the piston. Or it all works together at low speed?

Because the hsr shims are preloaded from the dished piston it requires there to be a certain flow and pressure drop through the lsr circuit before opening the hsr shims. More shims on the hsr circuit will increase hsr damping but also means that the force required to open them increases significantly, meaning no matter what the lsr damping must significantly increase as well.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 13:04 Quote
NETTA17 wrote:
Hello,

Any ideas where to get/make spring spacer - For CC spring mount on Jade X ? (it on the short side)

Cheers,

I could machine you one if you are able to measure some dimensions from the shock and spring.

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
Rebuilt Topaz 2 today. All went pretty smooth except the bladder leaks air after I pump it up to about 100psi. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Rebuilt with ALL&EVERY NEW o-rings, rrright?

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 18:10 Quote
NETTA17 wrote:
Hello,

Cheers,

Cc springs just fit. Unless you mean you're missing one of the plastic spacers that comes with it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 4:05 Quote
Do you guys feel that the Jade X rebound it's too fast? I have it fully closed (on slow) and still need 3-4 more clicks to make it perfect. 550 Lbs spring on a 2020 Specialized Enduro

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 5:50 Quote
mojomtb wrote:
Do you guys feel that the Jade X rebound it's too fast? I have it fully closed (on slow) and still need 3-4 more clicks to make it perfect. 550 Lbs spring on a 2020 Specialized Enduro
Yes it happened with my new Jade X. I contacted DVO. They had me send it back, and they re-shimed the rebound damping. Now it's great. You should be able to adjust the rebound to a point where it's too slow.

Posted: Feb 24, 2022 at 6:03 Quote
mojomtb wrote:

Sounds like potentially a warranty issue. My normal Jade (they have the same piston) can go insanely slow.

Posted: Feb 25, 2022 at 10:38 Quote
Are there really no aftermarket seals for the Diamond? I only found 36mm ones from ARI, but no love for the Diamond.

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 12:15 Quote
Does any one have some kind of exploded view (or handmade chart or ...) of Jade X internals? Especialy o-rings/seals, their forms and sizes...

Posted: Mar 31, 2022 at 14:25 Quote
I'm lookn for a NEW ONYX 160/170mm fork . Anyone...anyone ?

Posted: Apr 16, 2022 at 2:36 Quote
Craftworks enr mullet with cyc stealth conversion as my knees are fecked.
Not your usual build, onyx 29 sc e1 at 160mm.

Need help as want to fit Onyx DC as my 380's getting tired.
Darkcycles scarab 27.5 26 mullet 2022 Morzine rebuild.

Can anyone give me max stack height between crowns for the headset on onyx dc.
Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009150
Mobile Version of Website