DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 11:48 Quote
Ronnie's da man! Very helpful! Ask him about the cheeseburger as well...

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:11 Quote
fredro wrote:

Ronnie at DVO just sent me some updated pics of the cheeseburger after his 11th birthday Such a big boy lol
Ronnie at DVO just sent me some updated pics of the cheeseburger after his 11th birthday Such a big boy lol

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
fredro wrote:
yup. Already written tmem all
Cheers

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 12:29 Quote
Team DVO,

Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I ain't going through 215 pages!

My Onyx SC that came with my rimpo is beating up my hands! Lower pressure and running it pretty open helps, but really don't love how much pressure is needed to get that thing moving. I've never been able to have it feel as nice as my lyrik. I'm 200lb out of the shower running it at about 80psi. On brake bumps etc. things are rough. Any tips would be great!

Also, is upping the travel to 170 from 160 doable/easy?

Otherwise I have a JadeX which has been pretty great. I recently put on a progressive spring - from 500 to 526/625 and it feels way more supported now at speed and off bigger stuff. Recommended for the bruisers.

Thanks folks,

Jesse

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Hi Jesse,
No sure how much use your fork has had but if they are due a service then get the bushings honed / sized at the same time.
In the U.K. the distributors / service centre are doing this, makes a real difference to sensitivity, then it is much easier to get set up.
Cheers
Andrew

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Team DVO,

Sorry if this has been discussed at length, but I ain't going through 215 pages!

My Onyx SC that came with my rimpo is beating up my hands! Lower pressure and running it pretty open helps, but really don't love how much pressure is needed to get that thing moving. I've never been able to have it feel as nice as my lyrik. I'm 200lb out of the shower running it at about 80psi. On brake bumps etc. things are rough. Any tips would be great!

Otherwise I have a JadeX which has been pretty great. I recently put on a progressive spring - from 500 to 526/625 and it feels way more supported now at speed and off bigger stuff. Recommended for the bruisers.

Thanks folks,

Jesse

Crank the OTT knob all the way up and tune from there. You may benefit from dropping the lowers and re-lubing everything with Fox Gold 20wt and Slick Honey. My forks have always been buttery smooth after doing that.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
Could someone, please, explain in two words about the problem with OTT adjusting and air and .. breaking smth..
As fas as I've read somewhere here - you should let the air from air spring out before OTT tuning or what ?

Thanx.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:46 Quote
ka81 wrote:
Could someone, please, explain in two words about the problem with OTT adjusting and air and .. breaking smth..
As fas as I've read somewhere here - you should let the air from air spring out before OTT tuning or what ?

Thanx.

Yes, you should let the air our of the spring before adjusting the OTT. The OTT adjuster is basically a long screw on the unsprung side so it's made of aluminum. It is plenty strong for the job but with the air spring inflated there's a ton of force on it (at full extension) that will bind up the threads and break.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Team DVO,

Thanks folks,

Jesse

Crank the OTT knob all the way up and tune from there. You may benefit from dropping the lowers and re-lubing everything with Fox Gold 20wt and Slick Honey. My forks have always been buttery smooth after doing that.

Yes, changing from 160 to 170 is easy, just swapping a spacer to a different spot. There are good Youtube videos for it specifically.

I had a similar feeling of harshness in steeps and on braking bumps that I solved by adding a good chunk of low speed compression damping. I had been running it full open, but it turns out is was diving so much under braking that I was riding bumps deep in the travel where the spring take much more force to move. I went from LSC on 1 to LSC on 3 and it was a huge difference. HSC still full open.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
melanthius wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Team DVO,

Thanks folks,

Jesse

Yes, changing from 160 to 170 is easy, just swapping a spacer to a different spot. There are good Youtube videos for it specifically.

I had a similar feeling of harshness in steeps and on braking bumps that I solved by adding a good chunk of low speed compression damping. I had been running it full open, but it turns out is was diving so much under braking that I was riding bumps deep in the travel where the spring take much more force to move. I went from LSC on 1 to LSC on 3 and it was a huge difference. HSC still full open.

what an awesome forum!

Very interesting about the LSC. I never would have thought to do that. Only normal trails it's not too bad, but in the bike park it hurts! I'll be trying this for now and then think I'll send it to Suspension works with some of the comments you made.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 14:21 Quote
So did you find Melanthius that running HSC fully open helped alongside the LSC in 3.

I find that I run mostly in 3 though increased the HSC on my 120mm set 1st Gen Sapphires after a fair bottom out caused at a gravity park on my xc/light trail old skool geo ht.
Lol

Just wondering if by opening up HSC on them would affect fork dive or in any other way have an effect?

Thanks Smile

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
melanthius wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

what an awesome forum!

Very interesting about the LSC. I never would have thought to do that. Only normal trails it's not too bad, but in the bike park it hurts! I'll be trying this for now and then think I'll send it to Suspension works with some of the comments you made.

I 2nd getting your bushings honed. Just bought a "sticky" Onyx about a month ago from some guy who barely used it from new. Suspension werx did the bushings for me, and they just sink under the weight of the upper now, they're so smooth. I'll get it reassembled over the next couple couple weeks, report back to ya.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 17:41 Quote
from DVO in regards to the Emerald:

"...we haven't produced any service or repair parts for that fork for the last couple of years. The Onyx DC has taken over the Emerald and the only real service parts that we have available are fork seals."

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
hello !
My Canyon Sender CF9.0 27.5" has 240x75 shock.

can I mount 241x76 (previous - imperial?) shock ?

I had Fox Float DHX2, but got a small fissure in a head (and oil leak), I don't know if i want to repair it and use it again.
I thought about DVO Jade DH 241x76 - as they have low price now. Will it work with Canyon Sender 2020 ?

Posted: Aug 18, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
Have there been any changes to Topaz T3 Air since 2017? I'm thinking about getting a used one and just wondering if I'll be missing out on any updates.

Would you have any qualms about purchasing used (besides the usual questions of how well it was take care of, etc.)?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008139
Mobile Version of Website