DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Apr 1, 2023 at 14:52 Quote
Goonther wrote:
Anyone had problem with a dvo jade-x 210x55 giving too much travel ? Aboit 60mm stroke..

Go see pictures on that link of my Ripmo AF fully compressed!

https://www.mtbr.com/threads/ripmo-af-thread.1114563/post-15906300

They had problems in the past with this, didn't know it was still a thing. My 62.5mm Jade requires a 10mm spacer to have 57.5mm of stroke. It's ridiculous and I don't understand how it could possibly happen.

That said, you don't have your spring retainer on in the pic on that thread. Have you tried it with the retainer?

Put the spring retainer on and measure from the bottom of the shock body to the top of the retainer. The bumpers seem to get very thin when compressed and aren't super durable so I'd want the gap to be no more than 55-56mm personally.

They do make stroke reduction spacers, but I think a lot of people are running a homebrewed solution.

https://dvosuspension.com/product/spring-clip/

Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 4:30 Quote
Anyone have a Diamond D2, where the slow speed compression spins 360 degrees, and the fork doesn't behave any differently?

That's what happened to me as of yesterday.
The green slow speed compression dial is just going round and round. Thankfully, feels like it is stuck in the softest setting.

I have written to DVO. But last time I wrote, it took about 3 days to get a reply. And I am supposed to go riding tomorrow.

Anyone know if this is just an easy fix? Or a complex issue...?

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2023 at 17:13 Quote
Maxants33 wrote:
Anyone have a Diamond D2, where the slow speed compression spins 360 degrees, and the fork doesn't behave any differently?

The green slow speed compression dial is just going round and round. Thankfully, feels like it is stuck in the softest setting.

I have written to DVO. But last time I wrote, it took about 3 days to get a reply. And I am supposed to go riding tomorrow.

Funnily enough you can still go riding tomorrow regardless of a reply or not

Pop the adjuster cap off and make sure the tiny springs and balls for the detent are in place and also that the adjusters hex seat hasn’t rounded out of all of that seems good then it’s possible the adjuster needle isn’t sitting in the compression spool anymore which will mean it requires a service

Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 8:46 Quote
Anybody know if the diamond boost bolted axle can be replaced with something aftermarket? I found out the hard way it’s actually two pieces. I got it out and back together but I don’t want that to happen again, jeez! Also I can’t find the thread spec online, the bike is at the shop for some seasonal service.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 14:49 Quote
neorider wrote:
Anybody know if the diamond boost bolted axle can be replaced with something aftermarket? I found out the hard way it’s actually two pieces. I got it out and back together but I don’t want that to happen again, jeez! Also I can’t find the thread spec online, the bike is at the shop for some seasonal service.

The wrong end is locktighted on so if it’s come off your axle is being done up way past the torque spec or your not using any grease

Posted: Apr 9, 2023 at 19:08 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
neorider wrote:

The wrong end is locktighted on so if it’s come off your axle is being done up way past the torque spec or your not using any grease

Well I definitely used grease but it looked light when it came out, almost looked a little corroded between the axle and dropout… maybe a touch over torqued at times but this hasn’t happened before. the loctite was on the correct side where the black cap screws into the axle and there was still grease on the fixing threads. This happened after sitting in the garage for a couple months. Either way it shouldn’t have gotten stuck that easily. That’s why I was wondering if any component brands would make a replacement. It should be solid with a washer.

Posted: Apr 10, 2023 at 0:35 Quote
Lololmalol wrote:
Maxants33 wrote:

Funnily enough you can still go riding tomorrow regardless of a reply or not

Pop the adjuster cap off and make sure the tiny springs and balls for the detent are in place and also that the adjusters hex seat hasn’t rounded out of all of that seems good then it’s possible the adjuster needle isn’t sitting in the compression spool anymore which will mean it requires a service

Thanks!
I did check these and all looked normal in the cap.
Contacted DVO who actually replied quite fast. Its going in for a review with Windwave (uk dvo service centre) this week.
Will report their findings, probably that adjuster needle you pointed out

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 7:12 Quote
First ride an a new topaz Gen 3 yesterday. The diamond is not new, swapped over to the new frame over the winter, it's at 160mm. Just a quick lunch loop on mostly gravel trails to make sure everything was installed and working ok before a bigger ride this weekend. Will likely need to tweak it a bit but it was really smooth and did not call attention to itself, happy with it so far. Seems to work well on the Reactor 275 carbon.

photo

Posted: May 4, 2023 at 6:17 Quote
Swapping springs on my Jade-X from progressive to a linear spring. Anyone have a 5mm spring spacer laying around you wanna sell?

O+
Posted: May 4, 2023 at 10:12 Quote
Any rumors on when the new compression piston upgrade for rear shocks will be available? I've got a Jade-X on the way and think the HSC adjust will be a nice upgrade.

Posted: May 5, 2023 at 0:05 Quote
WasatchEnduro wrote:
new compression piston upgrade for rear shocks
Jade-X
HSC adjust.

Where's that info come from anyway ?

O+
Posted: May 5, 2023 at 6:33 Quote
ka81 wrote:
WasatchEnduro wrote:
new compression piston upgrade for rear shocks
Jade-X
HSC adjust.

Where's that info come from anyway ?

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/dvo-compression-upgrade-kit-garnet-dropper-post-taipei-cycle-show-2023.html

Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 6:14 Quote
I have a gen 3 topaz and want to add volume spacers. However, I can't find a vid or instructions anywhere on the gen 3, just the old gens. Does anyone know if it's all the same?

I tried to follow the instructions on DVO's site and the vid they posted in like 2020 using an old model, and I can't for the life of me get that o-ring off to slide the air can down. If anyone has tricks for getting the o ring out, that'd be cool. Tried sliding a credit card under it but that felt like I was going to damage the o-ring.

Just successfully replaced my first dropper post w/ internal routing a few days back and was feeling like a halfway competent garage mechanic, then I get stuck on step 1 of putting spacers in...

O+
Posted: Jun 7, 2023 at 7:17 Quote
mrliver wrote:
I have a gen 3 topaz and want to add volume spacers. However, I can't find a vid or instructions anywhere on the gen 3, just the old gens. Does anyone know if it's all the same?

I tried to follow the instructions on DVO's site and the vid they posted in like 2020 using an old model, and I can't for the life of me get that o-ring off to slide the air can down. If anyone has tricks for getting the o ring out, that'd be cool. Tried sliding a credit card under it but that felt like I was going to damage the o-ring.

Just successfully replaced my first dropper post w/ internal routing a few days back and was feeling like a halfway competent garage mechanic, then I get stuck on step 1 of putting spacers in...

For the O-ring, I just put my thumbs over it so they are both pointing at eachother about an inch apart, and then push on the o-ring as you bring your thumbs together. That should stretch the o-ring so that it pops out enough to grab it. Make sure it's not greasy before you start, dry o-ring, dry hands.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019608
Mobile Version of Website