DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jul 10, 2017 at 3:55 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Ooh I like that surly. Sweet man.

Thanks, not sure if it'll stay at this setup or not, all depends if my surge sells or not.

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 5:15 Quote
pyromaniac wrote:
finalgear wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
@finalgear

I've got a question: A buddy has a DVO Diamond and the low speed compression damping seems to be broken.
If he dials in the maximum there is no damping at all on the first 6cm of travel and after that there's a huge resistance. Including some kind of rattling on chunky terrain.
He reckons it feels like a piston or something is hitting the oil level.

Is there something broken or did some oil just creep past a seal?

He's located in Germany.

Did he check his OTT setting?

No, he did not. He never changed the OTT after the initial setup. Should he change it?

The fork is buttery smooth and his problem only occurs with 5 or 6 clicks of LSC dialed in. He uses that for super steep gnarly stuff.

Ask your friend to email me.

Posted: Jul 13, 2017 at 5:26 Quote
finalgear wrote:
pyromaniac wrote:
finalgear wrote:

Did he check his OTT setting?

No, he did not. He never changed the OTT after the initial setup. Should he change it?

The fork is buttery smooth and his problem only occurs with 5 or 6 clicks of LSC dialed in. He uses that for super steep gnarly stuff.

Ask your friend to email me.

I will, thanks.

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 12:45 Quote
fredro wrote:
photo

I love those

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 10:51 Quote
Anyone know if DVO do a 'touch up' paint? Specifically for diamonds?

Posted: Jul 20, 2017 at 17:33 Quote
I haven't heard, I'd wait for finalgear to chime in on this one..

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 19:39 Quote
nail polish works good.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 10:44 Quote
Just ordered a Topaz for my Hightower from Worldwide Cyclery. Those guys are awesome, gave me a 15% discount after a few emails back and forth. $373 shipped!

Stoked and cant wait to pull my hair out trying to set it up!

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
let me know if you need a tune set up, no need to pull out hair.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 12:17 Quote
finalgear wrote:
let me know if you need a tune set up, no need to pull out hair.

Sweet, just waiting for it to arrive! Probably a few days, Ill be in touch! Thanks!

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 2:32 Quote
Setting up the DVO Topaz

Third ride on my Topaz, so pleased with its performance.

Slowly getting it dialed, I'm happy with my settings on rebound, sag, and positive spacers. Just have to tinker with bladder pressure and maybe negative spacers, but I don't think I need any. I can't believe how good it is with small bumps.

Have to wait till the ground dries out at my local before I can test it on some proper trails.

Oh and sorry for the potato Eek

Posted: Jul 30, 2017 at 4:03 Quote
orangenut wrote:
Setting up the DVO Topaz

Third ride on my Topaz, so pleased with its performance.

Slowly getting it dialed, I'm happy with my settings on rebound, sag, and positive spacers. Just have to tinker with bladder pressure and maybe negative spacers, but I don't think I need any. I can't believe how good it is with small bumps.

Have to wait till the ground dries out at my local before I can test it on some proper trails.

Oh and sorry for the potato Eek

After tinkering a bit with the settings that DVO recommended, this thing rocks (Topaz). Just had to mess with sag a bit. As I wrote in another thread, I'm using full travel with no harsh bottoming at all. Small bump compliance is great, feels like I'm running my rear tire with 5 psi in it. I had to look down a few times because small bumps were virtually nonexistent on the rear.

My Pike up front is good, but really thinking about the Diamond if it's as good as the Topaz. But damn it's rough to think I need to drop another 1k on this 4 month old rig :/

Santa Cruz Hightower:
(Approx.190 lbs geared up weight)
- 2 spacers postive/ 1 spacer neg
- 215psi main canister/190psi bladder
- Rebound 3 clicks from full fast
- Sag approx. 25-26%

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.071798
Mobile Version of Website