DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 18:17 Quote
Finally got my Diamond boost today and swapped the Pike out. Setup is gonna be a learning curve, went with the recommended settings other than HSC. Didn't nearly seem like enough and may have to bump the air pressure up a tad.

But that OTT, holy hell. Thats some good stuff right there. Even at the recommended setting per weight its just phenomenal. Initial part of the travel is soft and buttery smooth. Can't wait to get out there and see what this Diamond/Topaz duo is all about.

Not at all feeling the decal kit on my matte/mint Hightower, a stealth matte decal kit from invisiframe is on the way!

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 14:32 Quote
anyone have any experience with powder coating? I want my diamond to match my frame but don’t want to take it apart.

Ethan

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 14:38 Quote
Yup. Just give the whole fork to the powder coater and tell them what color you want and poof. Magic!!

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:14 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Yup. Just give the whole fork to the powder coater and tell them what color you want and poof. Magic!!

That’s what I was hoping haha. What about the areas real close to the stanchions? They can avoid that without hitting it?

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
Naw, that you can just scratch off later with a knife.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
What? Do we tell him?

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:28 Quote
Ti springs on Jade shocks? Yea, nay? No difference? Just for street cred?

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:32 Quote
Weight savings. That's it. Plus less money in your pockets.

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
But your E-penis gets huge!!!! Priorites!!

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 16:06 Quote
wait I thought the less money in your pocket was the weight savings???? Eek

Posted: Nov 15, 2017 at 16:23 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Naw, that you can just scratch off later with a knife.

Fo real dude?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014915
Mobile Version of Website