DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 12:21 Quote
Cheers guys, looking forward to getting collating the build parts then riding into the green sunset.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 12:30 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Cheers guys, looking forward to getting collating the build parts then riding into the green sunset.

What're they going on?

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 13:08 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Alright gang of the green!

I'm just wanting to know if DVO forks come with shock pumps in with the box?

Also are they fairly straight forward to set up compared with say BOS?

thanks in advance.
:-)
My Emeralds (bought new) came with a shock pump and were as much as painful to set up as they are heavy but totally worth it. Fab Beer

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 15:04 Quote
hairy-g wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

What're they going on?

I opted for Sapphires as I need to build my ti Litespeed 29er frame up asap!
I wanted a set of Diamonds for my plus full suss but can't afford plus the Pikes are alllllllllright ya know - as in totally changed my attitude towards RockShox.

Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 15:06 Quote
georgevorobyov wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:
Alright gang of the green!

I'm just wanting to know if DVO forks come with shock pumps in with the box?

Also are they fairly straight forward to set up compared with say BOS?

thanks in advance.
:-)
My Emeralds (bought new) came with a shock pump and were as much as painful to set up as they are heavy but totally worth it. Fab Beer

GOODMAN! Glad to hear another happy boingy brother lol. tup

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 3:20 Quote
BLOODY NORA!

These things came all snugly packed in the DVO box so good signs of them being quality as opposed to Fox just laid loose to rattle in box.

Doesn't appear to be a shock pump which would've been nice as my RS one has disintegrated over time and doesn't go above a certain pressure.

I do like the integrated mudguard, nifty lil thing!

One thing I did overlook was the travel reduction and the long winded procedure to do this as my frame accept no more than a 120mm fork and the Sapphire is 140mm.
Had a looksee at the youtube service channel and I'm missing certain tools to complete the job so now wondering where to take it to get the travel reduced.

funky UFO stomach acid colour. ;-d

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 7:09 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
BLOODY NORA!

These things came all snugly packed in the DVO box so good signs of them being quality as opposed to Fox just laid loose to rattle in box.

Doesn't appear to be a shock pump which would've been nice as my RS one has disintegrated over time and doesn't go above a certain pressure.

I do like the integrated mudguard, nifty lil thing!

One thing I did overlook was the travel reduction and the long winded procedure to do this as my frame accept no more than a 120mm fork and the Sapphire is 140mm.
Had a looksee at the youtube service channel and I'm missing certain tools to complete the job so now wondering where to take it to get the travel reduced.

funky UFO stomach acid colour. ;-d

I'm pretty sure that the damper removal made its way into the Sapphire travel change video for no reason FYI. You should just have drop the lowers and remove the negative spring assembly. 22mm socket, pin spanner, loctite, and oil should be all you need.

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 11:40 Quote
Thanks bud, that sounds more like it although I will fire an email off just to confirm.

Apparently OTT should be adjusted without any air in chamber... according to MTBR forum yh yh I know, I go there for all things Ibis ;-)

Posted: Jun 5, 2018 at 15:56 Quote
Final gear will keep you right

Posted: Jun 10, 2018 at 20:53 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Thanks bud, that sounds more like it although I will fire an email off just to confirm.

Apparently OTT should be adjusted without any air in chamber... according to MTBR forum yh yh I know, I go there for all things Ibis ;-)

You can set the ott with air in there, it's just easier to turn the adjuster without air.

Posted: Jun 11, 2018 at 2:26 Quote
finalgear wrote:
titaniumtit wrote:

You can set the ott with air in there, it's just easier to turn the adjuster without air.

That is exactly what I came to the conclusion of.
thanks for confirming bud :-)

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 21:50 Quote
Views: 14,100    Faves: 30    Comments: 0

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 6:02 Quote
Having watched that and thinking yowsers, what steep sections that look rough a f pretty much all of that clip, I'm now thinking buying a DH sled then finding I'm no good on it and moving it on would be crazy but the right thing to do.

OR wait till I get my fitness up and skill level up on the trail bike to then in a years time get back on it!

good find Fredro

Posted: Jun 24, 2018 at 6:26 Quote
Yeah the mans a beast. Just amazing to watch his speed and finesse!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014424
Mobile Version of Website