DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
What effect does changing the Jades bladder pressure have?

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
AntN wrote:
It affects small bump sensivity.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 1:22 Quote
sayrius wrote:
AntN wrote:
It affects small bump sensivity.
Cool, less pressure more sensitive...I assume.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
Bladder pressure affects the damping across the entire curve and stroke. As you increase pressure it'll increase damping everywhere which is why higher is recommended for heavier riders.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 6:10 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:

Only thing I wish my current jade's have is hydraulic bottom out, maybe that will be a feature considered on the new shock?

Has anyone made a shock with HBO? I wouldn't think there was enough room.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
crimedog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

Only thing I wish my current jade's have is hydraulic bottom out, maybe that will be a feature considered on the new shock?

MRP hazard has HBO I think.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 10:46 Quote
jason114 wrote:
crimedog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

Bos Stoy and void has HBO, EXT storia and arma have HBO, its not a complex system.

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
bike2850 wrote:
What is HBO?
Hydraulic
Bottom
Out

Basically acts as a bumper to reduce the harshness when the shock goes through all of its travel.

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 5:44 Quote
jason114 wrote:
They don't say anything about it in the product page

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 6:35 Quote
naturaltalent wrote:
Bos Stoy and void has HBO, EXT storia and arma have HBO, its not a complex system.

Cool, thanks. Found the description of the EXT HBC which is pretty cool. HBO is a simple mechanism but designing it looks like a huge pain in the ass and probably only for big shocks. Adding a piston on top of the mid/rebound valve would certainly be complex and add a lot of cost, not to mention the cylinder and oil path at the casting. Just arm chair engineering here, not arguing. I'd also be surprised if more than a small percentage of users (and bikes, really) would need it.

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 8:04 Quote
crimedog wrote:
jason114 wrote:
They don't say anything about it in the product page

Just looked and only mrps fork have hbo

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 19:59 Quote
crimedog wrote:
naturaltalent wrote:

Cool, thanks. Found the description of the EXT HBC which is pretty cool. HBO is a simple mechanism but designing it looks like a huge pain in the ass and probably only for big shocks. Adding a piston on top of the mid/rebound valve would certainly be complex and add a lot of cost, not to mention the cylinder and oil path at the casting. Just arm chair engineering here, not arguing. I'd also be surprised if more than a small percentage of users (and bikes, really) would need it.

I agree most people probably can do without it, but i'm sure there is a crowd that would certainly get if if there was the option. The EXT system is pretty slick. The bos system uses just a simple cup and cone, the cup is the piston bolt on the top of the shaft, and the cone sits at the other end, it has no orifices of any kind, just acts as a hydraulic bumper when the two enter. I can upload some pics if you want but I won't post to this thread.

In the sake of not going too far off the DVO topic, low friction seals (racing bros lycan) fitted to an emerald make quite a difference over the stock seals. Stock seals didn't really feel sticky, just had quite a bit of sliding friction, with the lower friction seals the fork is stupidly active.

photo
photo
All of the 36mm single piece seals have a smaller OD than the original dust wiper that goes in, so I made that reducer ring and affixed it with some epoxy. Made the reducing ring have a nice tight fit so there is no chance of the seal popping out while riding.

What warranty?

Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 10:44 Quote
Ordered a Topaz today, is there something like basetunes for different Bikes?
I ride a Banshee Rune.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2019 at 12:57 Quote
just ordered a dvo jade coil shock. after doing some calculations on spring weight it says i need a 325 lbs spring. i noticed not many company's do this and was wondering if one of you knew of a brand that does offer a 325 spring for the jade.
thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031132
Mobile Version of Website