2016 Demo Alloy mechanical issues. ***anyone have any***

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Demo Alloy mechanical issues. ***anyone have any***
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
I recently purchased myself a 2016 demo 8 alloy. LOVE the bike. BUT

After my first ride I noticed play in the front of the bike. Figured it out and it was the headset was a little loose. loosened everything off and the re torqued everything and problem solved.
After another ride at my local bike part, I noticed the same play again. Now, the bike has a full 1 year free warranty from the shop I bought it from. So I took it to them and they said it was the head set was a little loose (yet again). They fixed the problem.
I took the bike out a couple times after that and never felt the problem again. 4-5 rides
At this point I had a good 10-12 hours of full DH riding on the bike and the problem came back yet again. And another problem a-rised at the same time. My main crank bolt on the driver side was loose. I felt play on right crank arm and figured out the bolt was loose. Now that I was seeing this sam problem over and over i decided to take it to another bike shop to get their advice on why this problem keeps coming up. After a good 40 minutes they figured it was because the bike came with plastic head set spacers the every time I would loosen them they would de-compress, then when re torquing them down after some riding they would become more compressed causing play in the front end. Bought metal spacers and have put 4-5 hours of riding and i'm yet to encounter this problem.
But after this 4-5 hours of riding my crank bolt has come loose again (yes I have applied some blue lock tight) and now my rear hub has play.
I am amazed that after spending 5000$ on a bike that these small problems have been happening.
I'm wondering if anyone else who has purchased a 2016 demo 8 alloy has encountered any mechanical issues such as these or any at all.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 7:48 Quote
My carbon demo arrived with loose cranks and cones loose on rear hub, no headset issues tho.

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 9:38 Quote
No headset issues for me so far but I always make sure all my bolts are torqued correctly before riding.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006984
Mobile Version of Website