Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 16:25 Quote
samsq wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
That is irrelevant. The diameter may be equal all around but the radius is not. That's what matters.

Also I didn't notice the triangular cassette that's nuts!
Uh... what?

If the diameter is equal, the radius is necessarily equal as well.
Not in this case because the wheel isn't circular
Radius and diameter are properties of a circle... I don't know what you were actually talking about but if it's not a circle, they don't apply.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 16:27 Quote
spudlord wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
That is irrelevant. The diameter may be equal all around but the radius is not. That's what matters.

Also I didn't notice the triangular cassette that's nuts!
Uh... what?

That's true only for a circle but not a rounded triangle. The edge to opposite edge (diam) is constant but axle to edge (rad) varies, hence the fluctuating swing arm.

And the triangular cassette is there to oppose this fluctuating radius to smooth out the gear ratio to some extent. Think easy gear for large radius, hard gear small radius.

Even has an idler pivot to reduce pedal feedback from the oscillating suspension.
"Diameter" of a triangle is the circumcircle if I recall my geometry correctly.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 16:29 Quote
Just leave it man, this thread has barely recovered from the last time you went off.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Just leave it man, this thread has barely recovered from the last time you went off.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
Shut the f*ck up... you're like a goddamn toddler who can't accept criticism. Learn to use your words.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:13 Quote
new to this thread but i like it already Joker

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:17 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Shut the f*ck up... you're like a goddamn toddler who can't accept criticism. Learn to use your words.

I'm sorry, who's acting like a toddler that can't accept criticism?

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Ladies, your both pretty. No but all jokes aside does it really matter. you guys don't need to be getting all mad at each other over a TRIANGLE. When this triangle take over the MTB industry argue all you want until then...

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
Triangle have radius and altitude.

The radius in this case is the measure from the center to the center of one of the sides, that creates a circumference inside,

The altitude would be from m to M
photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nptmmveJOkk/VK9TrmLfxuI/AAAAAAAAANU/_nb9skgime0/s1600/equilateral%2Btriangle-inscribed-circumscribed-circle.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nptmmveJOkk/VK9TrmLfxuI/AAAAAAAAANU/_nb9skgime0/s1600/equilateral%2Btriangle-inscribed-circumscribed-circle.png

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:

Actually he was being quite normal until you talked the smack. Sam laid down some knowledge and there was a back and forth. Slow your role son.

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
maxlombardy wrote:
Ladies, your both pretty. No but all jokes aside does it really matter. you guys don't need to be getting all mad at each other over a TRIANGLE. When this triangle take over the MTB industry argue all you want until then...
jesus the shit i started i realize now i was wrong in terminology but i was confused they only remain level if its as a bearing. I wasn't thinking about the fact the axle is in the middle

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 22:06 Quote
Now I remember why I utterly hated geometry classes

Posted: Mar 29, 2017 at 23:06 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
spudlord wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Uh... what?

That's true only for a circle but not a rounded triangle. The edge to opposite edge (diam) is constant but axle to edge (rad) varies, hence the fluctuating swing arm.

And the triangular cassette is there to oppose this fluctuating radius to smooth out the gear ratio to some extent. Think easy gear for large radius, hard gear small radius.

Even has an idler pivot to reduce pedal feedback from the oscillating suspension.
"Diameter" of a triangle is the circumcircle if I recall my geometry correctly.

It's the center of the constant radius that is the trick here. The centers are at the corners of the triangle, not in the center of the triangle.
Thus the change in distance from the hub to the pavement.
Try drawing one and you'll see.

Magura Smile

Posted: Mar 30, 2017 at 11:35 Quote
its-chris wrote:
Triangle have radius and altitude.

The radius in this case is the measure from the center to the center of one of the sides, that creates a circumference inside,

The altitude would be from m to M
photo
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nptmmveJOkk/VK9TrmLfxuI/AAAAAAAAANU/_nb9skgime0/s1600/equilateral%2Btriangle-inscribed-circumscribed-circle.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nptmmveJOkk/VK9TrmLfxuI/AAAAAAAAANU/_nb9skgime0/s1600/equilateral%2Btriangle-inscribed-circumscribed-circle.png

Chris bringing the Science.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029320
Mobile Version of Website