Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 15:31 Quote
The guy also has a 9 foot long low rider, two tall bikes, and last I saw was working on a low rider that ran on 18wheeler truck tread. He's hoping to have all the controls sit lower than the profile of the wheels.

Mad mechanic!

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 17:04 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The guy also has a 9 foot long low rider, two tall bikes, and last I saw was working on a low rider that ran on 18wheeler truck tread. He's hoping to have all the controls sit lower than the profile of the wheels.

Mad mechanic!

tbh, I'd be building shit like that if I had the resources and shop for it..Ratrod trike with 18 wheeler duallies out back.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 18:28 Quote
I dunno about what you have access to, but this dude was not running a super high end shop. He had some very basic tools, a welder, a love for bikes, and would generally spend his entire days riding or welding. Pretty much exactly the kinda person any bike community needs.

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 18:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
I dunno about what you have access to, but this dude was not running a super high end shop. He had some very basic tools, a welder, a love for bikes, and would generally spend his entire days riding or welding. Pretty much exactly the kinda person any bike community needs.

a packed garage with no real work space, some tools and a MIG welder

I have a junkyard 20 minute bike ride out of town..

Posted: Apr 23, 2017 at 19:29 Quote
Sounds like you need a city!

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 6:54 Quote
Does this fit in here at all?
photo
16" wheeled bike I'm making for my daughter. CNC'd lugs and rear end. Single sided swingarm with rear disc mounted onto a Hope 20mm front disc.
Hoping to use carbon tubing for the main triangle Smile

Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 7:08 Quote
Definitely! Super overbuilt kids bike! Beer

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
deesta wrote:
Does this fit in here at all?
photo
16" wheeled bike I'm making for my daughter. CNC'd lugs and rear end. Single sided swingarm with rear disc mounted onto a Hope 20mm front disc.
Hoping to use carbon tubing for the main triangle Smile

unreal!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 1:53 Quote
Cool! Thanks guys. Here's a few more pics :
16 bike chain and seat-stays
photo
photo

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 5:03 Quote
That will be a beautiful, one of a kind piece piece. Super cool.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 10:52 Quote
I still want to know if you're adopting!! I need a new bike too Dad!!

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
Ps if y'all aren't folllowing this build, you should be;

One and only preview of the Scale will be sub6 5kg with pedals. Should be finished within 4-6 weeks.

Scott Spark RC 900 SL - project sub8kg. Slowly getting it done middle section left and then it s time for the final steps of sanding to get a nice and smooth finish.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 14:00 Quote
Seems familiar Big Grin

Magura Smile

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 22:12 Quote
Hey magura mane weren't you working on a superlight carbon frame as well? How's that going?

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 0:20 Quote
It's done, but in Denmark Frown

Magura Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039382
Mobile Version of Website