Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/disc-brake-safety-covers-49685/

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 at 17:22 Quote
pepperoni wrote:

Man, that is one confused bike.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 13:56 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:
thanks bro
So stupid... a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 14:11 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
thanks bro

And stupid expensive with the Tune badge,can't believe people would actually buy this stupid looking shit.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 14:33 Quote

Laughable.

The amount of bullshit pro roadies pulled out lately is about to meet the level of soccer players faking injuries during a game. And that in itself is an achievement.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 14:59 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:
thanks bro
totally agree. If their was a problem we would already know, discs have been on mtb for 15+ years.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 16:16 Quote

“I did not develop DonChisciotte because I think that rotors are so dangerous and that we need protection. My starting point is simple: at T°Red we work a lot on R&D also by collaborating with well known research centres, so why not give cyclists the possibility to get rid of any fear? Life will be easier and safer for cyclists, and disc brakes will diffuse in a simpler and more secure way on road bikes."

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the whole disc brakes on road bikes thing. Whether or not it's an actual safety issue, it is an actual concern that a lot of the riders have. So if these guards make everyone feel better, what's the harm?

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 16:20 Quote
My fear would be that it gets written into rules, then bike companies start integrating it to be lighter/more aero, and then people with brains have to live with that shit.

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 20:09 Quote
crs-one wrote:
My fear would be that it gets written into rules, then bike companies start integrating it to be lighter/more aero, and then people with brains have to live with that shit.

Actually terrifying

Posted: Apr 19, 2017 at 20:40 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
crs-one wrote:

Actually terrifying
If it means discs are uci legal then I'm all for it.

Posted: Apr 20, 2017 at 1:27 Quote
crs-one wrote:

Indeed!
There has to be a limit to, what religion is allowed to inflict, on sensible people's lives.

The good news?

Hack saws are cheap.

Magura Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017071
Mobile Version of Website